[Letter from John Todd Willis, Jr. to his Parents, October 20, 1943] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Letter from John Todd Willis, Jr. to his Parents, October 20, 1943]
Author: Willis, John Todd, Jr.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1943-10-20
- Content Description: Letter from John Todd Willis, Jr. to his parents Clara and John T. Willis Sr. on October 20, 1943. His outfit has been confined to their area because a soldier didn't salute a colonel. He promises to send some pictures home, and asks them to send him another fountain pen and some canned food.
- Physical Description: 1 p. ; 14 x 11 cm., folded to 9 x 11 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- Named Person: Willis, John Todd, Jr.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - World War II
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Personnel
- Named Person: Willis, Clara Evans
- Named Person: Willis, John T., Sr.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: V-mail.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1943-10
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Place Name: United States - Texas - McLennan County - Waco
- Place Name: Africa
Name: T. B. Willis Photograph CollectionCode: TBWP
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: Private Collection of T. B. WillisCode: PTBW
- Accession or Local Control No: PTBW_465_02
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth599724