[The Star House] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [The Star House]
- No Language
- The Star House was built by Mr. and Mrs. J.J. Ramsey about 1900, and contained 34 rooms. Copy around the picture (unfortunately not visible here) lists the rates at $1.25 per day, or $7 to $8 per week. A.F. Weaver (in "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells...") locates this hotel at "315 Coke Street" [sic], but Polk's Directory for 1909, 1920 and 1927 list no such person as "J.J. Ramsey", or a "Star House" located at the address given by Weaver. The 1909 Polk's Directory lists a "Star House" at 209 Elm Street (NW 2nd Avenue), with the proprietor named as "R. L. Neal."
- Keyword: Hotels
- Keyword: Architecture
- Keyword: Commercial Buildings
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County - Mineral Wells
- Time Period: mod-tim
Name: A. F. Weaver CollectionCode: AFWC
Name: Boyce Ditto Public LibraryCode: BDPL
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth60888