[Camp Bowie Law Enforcement]


Photograph of three unknown law enforcement officers in uniform.

Physical Description

1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 4 x 5 in.

Creation Information

Douglass, Neal November 16, 1940.


This photograph is part of the collection entitled: Rescuing Texas History, 2009 and one other and was provided by Austin History Center, Austin Public Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 29 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.


People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.


Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown


Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this photograph as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this photograph useful in their work.

Provided By

Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

The Austin History Center is the local history division of the Austin Public Library. It provides the public with information about the history, events, and activities of Austin and Travis County. It collects and preserves information about local governments, businesses, residents, institutions, and neighborhoods so that generations to come will have access to our history. It presents here images from the Neal Douglass Photography Collection, the General Collection Photographs, the Bergstrom-Austin Community Council Records, the Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives, and the O. Henry Project.

Contact Us


Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.


Photograph of three unknown law enforcement officers in uniform.

Physical Description

1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 4 x 5 in.


Item Type


Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.


This photograph is part of the following collections of related materials.

Rescuing Texas History, 2009

Rescuing Texas History 2009, presents local history materials from sixteen partners: Arlington Public Library & Fielder House, Austin History Center, Bee County Historical Commission, Dallas Municipal Archives, El Paso Public Library, French Legation Museum, Matthews Land & Cattle Company, LBJ Museum of San Marcos, Northeast Lakeview College, Permian Basin Petroleum Museum, Library & Hall of Fame, Port Arthur Public Library, River Valley Pioneer Museum, Stephen F. Austin Association, University of Texas at San Antonio, and University of Houston-Victoria Library. Funding was provided by the Summerlee Foundation of Dallas.

Neal Douglass Photography Collection

The Neal Douglass Photography Collection comes from the Austin History Center, Austin Public Library. Douglass, a photojournalist for the Austin American-Statesman, also maintained his own studio. The collection is an invaluable resource of information illustrating many aspects of Austin life during the years, 1930-1969, a period poorly represented by other existing Austin History Center Collections. Specific events, cultural aspects of life, and former buildings and customs are depicted in photographs that comprise the collection.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?


Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • November 16, 1940

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Dec. 6, 2009, 5:47 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Oct. 27, 2012, 6:13 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 29


Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.


Citations, Rights, Re-Use

Douglass, Neal. [Camp Bowie Law Enforcement], photograph, November 16, 1940; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62134/: accessed October 26, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Austin History Center, Austin Public Library.