[Twelfth Armored Division, Scrapbook 6] Page: 75 of 220
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
8gt *1* accompanied MaJ lBt * *“***
Mr FwdOP and handle MO matter* In now area.
Discovered many original oil pUnt^H*^^ffiSiLmataln in VU8XAJ
original books ln hoej J^t' Ofthw iw
tt-6 XXI Corps notified end raeommMneu wm
m the hremer <J a^Sal *“lr‘* meelilia
Life Insurance Oo vitn Id typewrx^orB 04
UG eata'bllnhad in K001AHD •^^S^Sl’aS^Det'forTtfreBAOH.
encountered. Oapt Harvey requested Mil Gov vox 10
171 EP’e were foMG werewolf*that*
Wood and shelter was provided forthwa ana xney
should stay Where they are at present.
EP'b were alB° ‘DOTTXranL1*
BTSKF30nOU>, DXKKRBHEIM, OBEHHKwr, irnra.*-
KUMARS F mnuai
lit Ool, Infantry
Ohiof Mil Oov Offi ear
HEADQUARTERS «*P ASMORKD MTIOlM
AFO BBS, U. I. Army
. ^ Anabach, Oarmaay
1C April 1946
hsampabtobisth Awwtsa urns m
AM Ml, 0* 8. Awgr
88 April 1948
MZureMnr acmsmsm a*onat
patt.v aranmii. ahb maaonr ~
A telagstioa of the tom of W9BRUQB8I a-rived* the saetlon In
tte me—»tofr offering the 00 18th Arad Mr tha anrraader of that*
tow. Tho delegation oil aimed that they hod ocmvlmooG tha troops ef
tho Walwsmehft of tha uaoleaansae of tho fight for their ton and
that all Geynan troop* hod loft* After on*attorning of tho group toy
the G-8 of tho Division it mi dooldod to oooopt their oorrandor sad
• rlatoon of n Son Troop (Chid lion Hq) waa die atehod for thla p«r-
pooe. Bfft Boor of thla Motion oooamaniod tho platoon to raia* tho
American flog in DU«8^«A55 '®W and to handle MO matters* Ha instituted
UG* retained the Old ia*yev for tho tie toeing and had tho toon
nted with tha prooloemtloa and initial lame, Brrt Boor inatrmotod
repnr to opnotnt throe additional pollomoem to onjipl mmmt tho
too oh* ware on duty at the tine* Ha ordered and m-arwlaed tho aol-
lrotlo". <f am and otiamnitlan* After raising tho Amarlsan flag an the
flag-pole before tho Mayor's office, Sgt Beer returned to DXMXZLnDBHU
MttlTAEY GOVERNMENT SECTZCH
Cantlrm moved iron Tie Ober Dechstetten with Div Fwd CF to ditetoaoh^^
posting of proolamaUon and initial laws, for tho lyrttlen of
eurfOT end for to* collection firearms and aamnltlan. ***”
in in unnn the MS Dat for AHSHA0H, headed toy OOl Baotinge arrived,_
^STLmef ^^LHv^TMn the MG of the toen. They eonf.rred
about the problem* in town and their settlement.
Civilians reported to he looting a Mehrmaoht
and all people who were aeon carrying looted article* were ordered
to return same to warehouse.
Workers ware ordered to repair the water worka, which "^ Aamaged
during the last days resulting in a temporery stoppage of water supply*
58 We were organised in OHMS BACH8T5TTKH and MOBCDBW?, they were
provldSd with tood and shelter toy the local M l and rold to etay
where they are*
176 Wo sera found in nnoncKUBETEHL oompoeed ef nationals fren, all
over Barepe. item and son* more SF*s in WAXHRXM and OHErdobf were
organised, md toe BM of the leealitlea, where they were found, lo>
p. true ted to provide food and shelter.
Capt Btephene establtahed MD in mUJiroWT end LABXXKRH, where a
great enount of food an-' lies wore reported to be stored. It Deughtere
Instituted MG In tho towns of OHMKH HVIM and D0MCK8ZAST Whore oo
unusual conditions were anaountered.
Bgt Feld of toe eeotlon aeon allied Haj Sum era, Hq Ooadt, to tho
nee bivouac area in BOfTCRom to assist in billeting end bendle MG
matters, ar t Harvey wns contacted in toot town, where he had eetObli-
ehod MG and where no unusual " rahlewm were enaouatered. Two largo
wine warehouses were ported "Off Limits".
The section moved with Div fed CSP from DTTrxEl/iWKHL to BOPFXMGai,
closing there at 10GG.
A supply ef BOO cash pnelaotlcoi, ordinanoea no. 1, Lew He. 1 and I,
auiter si pm, aiwfconde and soldier surrender aims rare reqaestod
from 44 XXX Oarpe.
KPMMB r GMXUUHI
It 0*1, Infantry
Ohiof Mil Gov Officer
K3MUU3 r BRIim
lit Ool, Infantry
Chief Mil Gov Officer
auMiiWBl 1BTH ASMOKXD DiVIBIOB
AP0 B69, 0.8* Army
SO April 1948
mtt-ttaht qovHiaaunff bboticw
TUTCT JOBWAL AHB ggQItt
poeeof ub si sting tobSletini tha OP and handling HG matters.
HO wa* set up la FMOCinMAWKN under supervision of
Tnltial laws and proclamation were posted and curfew i^poaad. Heapmm
2dtBMunition fleveral ^»8PiUlo
a problem aa doctors and medics (German) had to circulate. They were
given United peases.
106 XT'a were unooverad in STB near Anebach. They were Trento,
Belgians and Pol**, who were orgs^Kad^puttingthem in eems
tonrracks and BM Instructed to provide food for then.
Cl April 1948
flection moved with Div Twd CP from Heuehtwangen to DIBXKLSWm,
dosing at 1600. Bgt Feld accompanied “•J a?E*!^*
billeting, provided home for cMldren, who had to be evacuated
from Hotels, which the OP took over.
col felller instituted MG in Dinkeiabudl. ^
Deputy BM (not a civil servant) and acting Landrat, had proeuam
tiro and initial laws posted. An *uiili*ry P°^o« of ““TJ*
organised and tho city1 a firemen were called back on their jew.
The number of BP'e could not be ascertained at ansa.
EDWARD P 8KITJ.BM
Lt Ool, Infantry
mi Oov Beotian
Chief Mil Gov Officer
HKAKKASnBtS 1BTH ASM0R3D WVISIH
APO ***L V, S. Amy
— .. BS April 1948
' • . . ^ •
mUTAHT GOVERHHEHT BBCTIOH 4, ,
TLtTT.r mmiNa ahd aa>oig
A MG Bet headed by Capt Wills waa attached to
enS 1waa asalffied axHM Coord 8 8084 Highway 89 to * 0081 Worth boun-
dary and Danube River aa South Boundary.
Oca Gciller, accompanied toy French!, Russian end
this section and a detail from the Div Big Oo, entered Hoerdlingen,
government seat of the LanOkreis Hoerdlingen,
Soaaly a unit of the 98nd Oav Ron 8J, jwbo were the first to get to
thla town. Local oitisona had perauaded Oeoman troopsto iff!!
Snauii-ty and there was no resistance. Central telephone
board covering a large area of Gwmany
8600 ESP1 b of Russian, polish, Freneh andflerbian nationality wm#
congregated in this coannnity. Imaediate arrengamanta war*
pro^de them with aheicter and food. They were Organised and lnfawnad
to remain quiet and in place until evacuated by Army. The loc^-XH
end hie assistants ware directed to remain on the Job, they
agreed to do until such time aa an MG Pat arrived to
BS wee instructed as to immediate MG requirements, and tBejPWing^
of -Dreclamations, Ordinances, Laws etc. Curfew was^Jjwaediately • *tab-^
11 too d and people informed. Three Gernmn MilitoryteapltaiE worefO^d
in the community and the Officers in charge were directed to ctory^on
and keep confined all patients until such time aa OB Medical Officers
made inspections and instructions given.
A Russian art collection.was discovered in Museum Kochstoadt castle
and 0-5 of XXI Corps notified.
Cart Harvey, HGO CC-R. established MG in Baldern Md Lauchhelm. Capt
Stephens, HGO CO-A, went to Ober Fiimingen said ttter Finningen to lnr-
spect uncovered German POW canq? containing 1071 Indians
subjects of vorloua eastern nations. The German guards
tivc staff was sent to the PW cage of CO-A and
with captured ame to cover tovn azid cam tfw*. *or. JJf
found available and there were no medioiOL difficulties, but B«"®ral
living condltiona were unsatisfactory. Itwaa reccemended to aracuawe
the POWa as quickly as possible.
The HO Beta headed toy MaJ Letterello and Capt Klorfeln reported to
Ool Belller. v
Bgt Feld of the eeotlon accompanied MaJ Burners, Kg Comdt, to Wai^^jn
to aaaiat the billeting of the OP. In Pllllngen
being looted and MaJ Sumners posted guards to prevent further
EDWARD F 8MIJJ1
At Ool, Infantry
Chief HU Oov Officer
pltTUKES dOA'r^wrg'fc w
JOHN H6L*Nt> e<&
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
United States. Army. 12th Armored Division. [Twelfth Armored Division, Scrapbook 6], book, Date Unknown; (https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth639084/m1/75/: accessed August 7, 2020), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, https://texashistory.unt.edu; crediting The 12th Armored Division Memorial Museum.