Palo Duro Canyon State Park Side: Palo Duro Canyon State Park
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
,- . a f
Partners in Palo Duro
To find out more, ask at the Visitor Center
or call (806) 488-2506
Castle x .r. .. Partners in Palo Duro Canyon
Peak 11450 Park Road 5
PekCanyon, TX 79015
90 92 Capitol Peak .....,*..
947 oMountain Bike Trail
89 9193 96 (No horses on bike tral Givens, Spicer & Lowry . Little Fox
86 95O "\"Running Trail: Canyon Trail
Rugged 11-mile round-trip 2miles
86 3-mile loop to Lighthouse formation.
87 88 41 * \ Capitol X28 45%. ' . "
77 Cactus Cam Area Peak / Lighthouse Trai:
83 80 77samp Area cp~X 5.75-miie round-trip to
8 79 WULighthouse formation. .*
Mesquite Camp Area Juniper LTERN Fortress Cliff ....,,",.. ?Lighthouse when hiking the trails, take a t. '
Day Use Area PA ..p.Trail minimum of two quarts of .
nprrail - i side water per person and pack out +
Youth-- " ""'25riles what you pack in. - Books, jewelry, art, collectibles and
Camp " "",,..--j.a memorabilia for sale in the Visitor
...''''jI' , .Red.Center.
" _ .. j.LiLJ oG . /StarTXA
Rest Room Ro r ptexasstateparks.org
2mles roundtrp ____________
424446Givens, Spicer & Lowry
40 4 4 46 W NRunning Trail
39 .* 48WARNING:. Chinaberry 11 miles round-trip
- 38 50 Flash flooding conditions Day Use Area 1 (No horses on running trail, bikes are allowed),E
MsutCats51 may exist at the six river
Camp Are Camp Area 34 crossings on Park Road. .. Visitor Headquarters/
3 cCenter/Store Entrance Gate
Cow Camp 36 j.. Park Gate locked at10 p.m.)
4 Old West Pioneer Cabins
Fortress Cliff Camp Area Goodnight Stables Amphitheater
Please Note:1 Dugout *
- CHECK OUT for all cabins is 11 a.m. CHECK OUT time for campers is 2 p.m. or renew permit
by 9 a.m. (pending site availability). Cow Camp Cabinsq
- Public consumption or display of an open container of any alcoholic beverage is prohibited. Lone Star
" A maximum of eight people permitted per campsite. Day use visitors must leave the park by Interpretive Hackberry CCC Trail-SPEED
10 p.m. Quiet time is from 10 p.m. - 6 a.m. Th 13eamp seice) smes LIMIT
- Excess parking fee is required at campsites with more than two vehicles (including trailers). 6 1 33 3230
6 '1 33 3MP
- Campsite must be kept clean; all trash must be picked up before you leave. Trash dumpsters 8 * 273129 3
are conveniently located in all camping loops. 9 7 25 2 026
- GRAY WATER AND BLACK WATER MUST BE DISCHARGED ONLY AT DUMP STATIONS. 11 13 7217 24 17 Trading Post PioneerNatureRAD
- Only one unit per site is permitted to hook up to utilities. 10121 0 11 22141 Trail .miles 5
- Pets must be on 6-foot leash. You must pick up after them. No pets allowed in buildings. 1 1819 1810i 1391
- Valid permit is required on windshield of each vehicle in park. All vehicles are to remain on Hackberry Camp Area 3 1 6138 Camp Area
pavement. a e135rC(30Ae3amp service)
- Horses prohibited in campgrounds and on roadways. Sagebrush Camp Area
- Feeding wildlife is prohibited.
- Collection of plants, firewood and rocks is prohibited.
Palo Duro Canyon
11450 Park Road 5
Canyon, TX 79015
Seasonal hours - check with park.
In accordance with Texas State Depository Law, this publication is available at the Texas State Publications Clearinghouse and/or Texas Depository Libraries.
2011 Texas Parks and Wildlife Department PWD MP P4506-007G (2/11)
TOYOTA Proud Sponsor of Texas Parks and Wildlife Programs
State Parks Store
9 Dump Station
6 Equestrian Site
0 Hiking Trail
Q Picnic Area
2 Scenic Overlook
Q Historic Marker
0 Wildlife Viewing
Here’s what’s next.
This map can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this side or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current side of this Map.
Texas. Parks and Wildlife Department. Palo Duro Canyon State Park, map, February 2011; Austin, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth640552/m1/1/: accessed November 17, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.