Historic Plaque, Polk County Courthouse Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Historic Plaque, Polk County Courthouse
Photographer: Belden, Dreanna L.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 2005-10-27
- Digitized: 2005-11-10
- Content Description: Photograph of a historic plaque in Livingston, Texas. It reads: "Polk County Courthouse. Completed in 1924, this is the fifth courthouse to serve Polk County. Citing "lack of space and modern conveniences," the commissioners court hired the Houston architectural firm of McLelland and Fink to design their new building. Contractor Isaac Young completed demolition of the 1884 Courthouse by July 1923, and the first court meetings were held in this building by the fall of 1924. Designed to include an auditorium, library, American Legion Hall and Post Office, which were replaced in later years by administrative and judicial offices, the Polk County Courthouse features classical revival styling with Beaux Arts influences. It stands as a significant part of Livingston's architectural heritage. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2001."
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Monuments
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Landmarks - Historic Markers
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - County Courthouses
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Polk County
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Buildings
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Polk County - Livingston
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 2005-10-27
- Place Point: north=30.708188641680554; east=-94.93322092168887;
Name: Photographing TexasCode: TP
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Accession or Local Control No: dscn1640