Historic Plaque, Polk County Courthouse Flagpoles. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Historic Plaque, Polk County Courthouse Flagpoles.
Photographer: Belden, Dreanna L.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 2005-10-27
- Digitized: 2001-12-31
- Content Description: Photograph of a historic plaque in Livingston, Texas. It reads: "The Gordie G. Nettles Flagpoles. These flagpoles were erected by the county court at the request of Gordie G. Nettles (1895-1971), a revered Polk Countian, a veteran of World War I and a distinguished American. He left memorial for posterity in the many official Texas Historical Markers in Polk County for which he was responsible as Historical Marking Chairman for the Polk County Historical Survey Committee. In gratitude for his life and service these flagpoles are dedicated to perpetuate the memory of Gordie G. Nettles. Erected 1971."
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Monuments
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Landmarks - Historic Markers
- Keyword: flagpoles
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Places - United States - Texas - Polk County
- Named Person: Nettles, Gordie G.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Military and War - Wars - World War I
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Polk County - Livingston
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 2005-10-27
- Place Point: north=30.710681414952486; east=-94.93348627546311;
Name: Photographing TexasCode: TP
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Accession or Local Control No: dscn1637