[Mexico, Presidente Interino] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Mexico, Presidente Interino]
- Creation: 1835-03-05
- Content Description: Interim President of Mexico instructs Mr. D. Miguel Santa Maria on the negotiation entrusted to him with the Cabinet of Madrid, regarding the recognition of Mexican Independence and the Treaty of friendship and commerce. Reference to: Note of Lorenzo Zavala; Duque de Frías; treaty of Spain with the Estados Generales de la Provincias Unidas in 1648 and of England with the U. S. in 1783 and 1794; required inclusion of Chiapas, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Durango, Guanajuato, Jalisco, México, Michoacán, Nuevo León, Oajaca, Sinaloa, Tabasco Tamaulipas, Texas, Veracruz, Yucatán, and Zacatecas; Spanish-English treaty of 1815 on establishment of Walis [Belice]; Spanish treaty with the U. S. in 1815; General Montilla; Baron Deffandis; Legation archives in London.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Mexico -- History -- Wars of Independence, 1810-1821.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals - Lorenzo de Zavala
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Mexico
- Time Period: mex-tex
- Coverage Date: 1835-03-05
Name: Benson Latin American CollectionCode: BLA
Name: Lorenzo de Zavala Online: Empresario, Statesman and Texas RevolutionaryCode: LDO
Name: Humanities Texas GrantCode: HT
Name: The Dolph Briscoe Center for American HistoryCode: CAH
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: txu-dezavala-hyd-31.5372-03051835
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth6704