[Postcard from W. B. Johnston to George Pendexter] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Postcard from W. B. Johnston to George Pendexter]
- Series Title Action Images
Author: Johnston, W. B.Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: [1909..1912]
- Content Description: Postcard from W. B. Johnston to George Pendexter saying he recently spilled a bottle of something but does have more cards to send out. The photograph shows the "Fire Department Testing No. 1 Auto Engine" in Battle Creek, Michigan; the firemen are surrounded by civilians watching the men pump water through their hoses. The men are shooting the high pressured water streams over a bridge into a body of water.
- Physical Description: 1 postcard : b&w ; 14 x 9 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fire fighters -- Michigan.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Civil Servants - Firefighters
- Keyword: fire departments
- Keyword: Battle Creek Fire Department
- Keyword: hose testing
- Keyword: fire engines
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Correspondence
- Named Person: Pendexter, George
- Named Person: Johnston, W. B.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Michigan - Calhoun County - Battle Creek
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Travis County - Austin
- Time Period: new-sou
- Start Date: 1909
- End Date: 1912
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2015Code: SG15
Name: George Pendexter Postcard CollectionCode: GPENDEX
Name: Fire Museum of TexasCode: FMTX
- Accession or Local Control No: FMTX_1986-01-285
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth705954