[Bill of sale for purchase of slave] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Bill of sale for purchase of slave]
- Creation: 1844-01-02
- Content Description: A bill of sale for William McMaster’s purchase of a slave named Harriet from William B. Smith—E.M. Pease was a witness to the transaction. Includes typewritten transcription of the document.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - African Americans
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Slavery
- Named Person: McMaster, William
- Named Person: Smith, William B.
- Named Person: Cloud, John W.
- Named Person: Pease, Elisha Marshall
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1844-01-02
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Brazoria County
Name: Niles-Graham-Pease PapersCode: NILES
Name: Austin History Center, Austin Public LibraryCode: ASPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: AR-A-001-Box251-Folder15-item1
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth712805