[Folder containing a letter and photographs of cattle]

Description

Folder containing a letter from The Santa Gertrudis Journal and nine photographs of cattle. The folder is white on the front and back. Inside (right side only) has an advertisement for Mamie E. George Ranch. The advertisement is in gray, black, and white and reads: "Our ALL POLLED Offering at the Pioneer Breeders Sale Premont, Texas Oct. 17 [6 rectangular areas for photos and 6 lined areas below rectangles for print]. Sale will be held at Los Jaboncillos Ranch - 7 Miles North of Premont on Hwy. 281 beginning at 1:30 P. M. [on bottom left is a sticker that ... continued below

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 43.1 cm, Height: 28 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1970.

Context

This text is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 132 times . More information about this text can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this text or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this text.

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum are located in Fort Bend County. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. The park's mission centers on preserving the history of the county and galvanizing the appreciation of cultural heritage.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this text. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Folder containing a letter from The Santa Gertrudis Journal and nine photographs of cattle. The folder is white on the front and back. Inside (right side only) has an advertisement for Mamie E. George Ranch. The advertisement is in gray, black, and white and reads: "Our ALL POLLED Offering at the Pioneer Breeders Sale Premont, Texas Oct. 17 [6 rectangular areas for photos and 6 lined areas below rectangles for print]. Sale will be held at Los Jaboncillos Ranch - 7 Miles North of Premont on Hwy. 281 beginning at 1:30 P. M. [on bottom left is a sticker that reads: "For Sale At the Ranch" and below it is a lined area. Sticker in bottom left corner reads: Horned and Polled Santa Gertrudis Member: Santa Gertrudis Breeders International, Kingsville, Texas 78363 A Pioneer Santa Gertrudis Breeder An Old Herd With A New Program Santa Gertrudis Since 1932 Hilmar Moore, General Manger Walter W. Cardwell, Jr. Consultant Lockhardt, Texas Mail: George Building, Richmond, Texas 77469 Phone 713 342-2261 or 713 342-3758 (night)".

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 43.1 cm, Height: 28 cm

Subjects

Keyword

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this text in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This text is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton, and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this text?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this text.

Creation Date

  • 1970

Coverage Date

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • June 1, 2006, 10:45 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this text last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 1
Total Uses: 132

Where

Geographical information about where this text originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Text

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Folder containing a letter and photographs of cattle], text, 1970; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth7653/: accessed July 23, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.