[Map of Brook Hollow Subdivision]

Description

Map of a portion of Abilene, Texas encompassing the Brook Hollow subdivision. The map, printed on a newspaper clipping, shows the streets and property lines within the subdivision. The opposite side of the page contains advertisements. The clipping was taken from The Abilene Reporter-News, Abilene, Texas, Sunday Morning, March 23, 1958.

Physical Description

1 map ; 33 x 41 cm.

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. March 23, 1958.

Context

This map is part of the collection entitled: Abilene Library Consortium and one other and was provided by Abilene Christian University Library to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 124 times . More information about this map can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this map or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this map.

Publisher

Rights Holder

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Audiences

Check out our Resources for Educators Site! We've identified this map as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this map useful in their work.

Provided By

Abilene Christian University Library

The Abilene Christian University Library collections include the Prickly Pear yearbooks from 1916-2007, and and includes photos and information about the university, students, professors, sports, and organizations.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this map. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Map of a portion of Abilene, Texas encompassing the Brook Hollow subdivision. The map, printed on a newspaper clipping, shows the streets and property lines within the subdivision. The opposite side of the page contains advertisements. The clipping was taken from The Abilene Reporter-News, Abilene, Texas, Sunday Morning, March 23, 1958.

Physical Description

1 map ; 33 x 41 cm.

Source

  • [O. K. Hobbs Plat Book], [Abilene (Tex.)] City Engineering Department, 1930

Language

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this map in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This map is part of the following collections of related materials.

Abilene Library Consortium

Featuring thousands of newspapers, photographs, sound recordings, technical drawings, and much more, this diverse collection tells the story of Texas through the preservation and exhibition of valuable resources.

O.K. Hobbs Plat Book

The O.K. Hobbs Plat Book offers the researcher an objective, historical reference to the layout of the city of the Abilene. Its bulk was assembled in 1927 by O.K. Hobbs and J.P. McKean, and was revised by Hobbs in May, 1930. It appears to have been compiled from many different sources., and the plats in this book were traced from older plat collections.

Related Items

See Also: : Is part of [O. K. Hobbs Plat Book]

What responsibilities do I have when using this map?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this map.

Creation Date

  • March 23, 1958

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 30, 2010, 9:26 p.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Nov. 29, 2011, 9:53 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this map last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 124

Where

Geographical information about where this map originated or about its content.

Publication Place

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • map marker Automatically generated Publication Place coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Map

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Start Viewing

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Map of Brook Hollow Subdivision], map, March 23, 1958; Abilene, Texas. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth78026/: accessed December 5, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Abilene Christian University Library.