A. C. Jones Home Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A. C. Jones Home
- Creation: 1907-01-07
- Content Description: Postcard of the two-story Baroque architecture styled home of Mrs A. C. Jones located at 611 East Jones St. Philanthropist and supporter of local schools, Mrs. A.C. (Jane Field) Jones (1842-1918) built the house on this site after her husband Captain Jones’ death in 1906. Governors and other Texas leaders were welcomed here. Located on the hill where the college stands today, the first and much grander A.C. Jones home was sold to the John Flournoy and moved into town by mule and wagon. It stood facing Flournoy Park until it was razed in 1946.
- Physical Description: 1 postcard : b&w ; 8 x 14 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Homes
- Keyword: A. C. Jones
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Bee County - Beeville
- Time Period: new-sou
- Coverage Date: 190?
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2009Code: SG09
Name: Bee County Historical CommissionCode: BEHC
- Accession or Local Control No: BEHC_b001-089
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth78772
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo