Aerial View of Bee County College Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Aerial View of Bee County College
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of an aerial view of Bee County College. In 1965 the voters of Bee County named the entire county as a college district and issued bonds in the amount of $1,500,000 for a junior college. One hundred acres of land was donated for the college campus by the widow of A.C. Jones II, and her three living children, Mrs. W.M. Thompson, W.W. Jones II, and Mrs. H.B. Hause. In the fall of 1967 the first classes of Bee County College were held. Today the college is named Coastal Bend College and includes campuses in Beeville, Alice, Kingsville, and Pleasanton.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col. ; 8 x 10 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Aerials
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Colleges and Universities
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Bee County - Beeville
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1970
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2009Code: SG09
Name: Bee County Historical CommissionCode: BEHC
- Accession or Local Control No: BEHC_b001-117
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Perfection 4990 Photo