[Smith - May Motor Company] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Smith - May Motor Company]
Photographer: Everett, JamesCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: 3217 Allison Avenue Groves, Texas 77619 ; Date: 1948-11-19 , Number 110
- Creation: 1948-11-19
- Content Description: Photograph of three men identified as the owners, Leslie Cloar, Howard Smith, and Roy Cloar, standing in front of a row of cars at Smith-May Motor Company on 949 Procter Street. Behind the cars, there are buildings with signs on them that say "Smith-May Motor Co. Buick Pontiace GMC Trucks," "Serviing Port Arthur Motorists for more than a third of a Century," and "Better Used Cars."
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : b&w ; 19 x 14 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Transportation - Automobiles
- Keyword: Smith - May Motor Company
- Named Person: Cloar, Leslie
- Named Person: Smith, Howard
- Named Person: Cloar, Roy
- Keyword: Buick
- Keyword: Pontiac
- Keyword: Procter Street
- Keyword: GMC
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Jefferson County - Port Arthur
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: 1948-11-19
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2009Code: SG09
Name: Port Arthur Public LibraryCode: PAPL
- Accession or Local Control No: PAPL_0572
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Epson Perfection V700 Photo