[Multiple tents camped out in front of a building]

Description

Photograph, possibly taken in Cuba, of a large, ornate two story building. There is a flag in flying in the top, center of the building. Multiple tents are camped out in front of the building, with trees surrounding the tents and lining the sidewalk. Two men in the center of the photo are walking towards the building. A man is sitting on a horse drawn cart in the left side of the photo. Attached to a cardboard substrate with scalloped edges.

Physical Description

Paper; Length/Circumference: 10.7, Width/Diameter: 16.5

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum are located in Fort Bend County. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. The park's mission centers on preserving the history of the county and galvanizing the appreciation of cultural heritage.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph, possibly taken in Cuba, of a large, ornate two story building. There is a flag in flying in the top, center of the building. Multiple tents are camped out in front of the building, with trees surrounding the tents and lining the sidewalk. Two men in the center of the photo are walking towards the building. A man is sitting on a horse drawn cart in the left side of the photo. Attached to a cardboard substrate with scalloped edges.

Physical Description

Paper; Length/Circumference: 10.7, Width/Diameter: 16.5

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton, and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Dates

  • This photograph's creation, acceptance, or submission date is unknown.

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 7, 2007, 1:41 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 7

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Help Map this Photograph

Tell us if you know the precise location of this item. In the lower-left corner of map below, select either the pin () or the box (). Use the cross-hair to drop a pin or drag to create a new rectangle. You can zoom in, expand to full screen, change the terrain type, or in some cases switch to street-view so that it's easy for you to determine the coordinates.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

[Multiple tents camped out in front of a building], photograph, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8302/: accessed September 22, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.