[Red photo album]

Description

Red photo album with a white bead at each of the four corners of the front. On the side of album, written in gold: "Album" and towards the bottom on the side: "FLEXIBLE CHAIN-BACK PATD OCT 17. 1865 (P*)". Edges of pages are gold leafed and have images of flowers. Two brass latches with a brass flower on each one close the album.

Physical Description

Paper; Length/Circumference: 11.5, Width/Diameter: 15, Height: 6.6

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. October 17, 1865.

Context

This physical object is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 15 times . More information about this object can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this physical object or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this object.

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum are located in Fort Bend County. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. The park's mission centers on preserving the history of the county and galvanizing the appreciation of cultural heritage.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this physical object. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Red photo album with a white bead at each of the four corners of the front. On the side of album, written in gold: "Album" and towards the bottom on the side: "FLEXIBLE CHAIN-BACK PATD OCT 17. 1865 (P*)". Edges of pages are gold leafed and have images of flowers. Two brass latches with a brass flower on each one close the album.

Physical Description

Paper; Length/Circumference: 11.5, Width/Diameter: 15, Height: 6.6

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this object in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This object is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton, and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this physical object?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this physical object.

Creation Date

  • October 17, 1865

Coverage Date

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • July 28, 2006, 12:35 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this object last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 15

Where

Geographical information about where this physical object originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Physical Object

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Red photo album], physical object, October 17, 1865; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8333/: accessed August 18, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.