[Neiman-Marcus Scene in Like Stars Shining Brightly] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Neiman-Marcus Scene in Like Stars Shining Brightly]
- Series Title Lewis Fulks Theatre Department Collection
Photographer: Jones, LloydCreator Type: Personal
- Creation: [1980-10-23..1980-10-26]
- Content Description: Color photograph from Abilene Christian University's 1980 original Homecoming musical, "Like Stars Shining Brightly," act 2, scene 2. The steps of the Administration Building become a magical, colorful Neiman-Marcus store with women in colorful costumes.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : col. ; 19 x 24 cm., on mat 28 x 33 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Arts and Crafts - Theatre
- Keyword: musicals
- Keyword: Like Stars Shining Brightly
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Taylor County - Abilene
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Coverage Date: [1980-10-23..1980-10-26]
- Has Version: [Neiman-Marcus Scene in Like Stars Shining Brightly #3] ark:/67531/metapth864899
Name: Abilene Christian University Homecoming Musicals CollectionCode: ACUHMC
Name: Abilene Library ConsortiumCode: ABCM
Name: Abilene Christian University LibraryCode: ACUL
- Accession or Local Control No: Fulks_Theatre_0488
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth865798
- Display Note: For Abilene Christian University's 75th anniversary, the president of the school asked Theatre Department Chair Lewis Fulks to write a musical pageant portraying ACU's history and put on a production of the work for the school's 1980 Homecoming musical. Co-written by June Bearden, the result was called "Like Stars Shining Brightly," a theatrical journey back in time spanning from the founding of the school as Childers Classical Institute in 1906 to the time the show was written. The music was composed by Robert Page, and the lyrics were written by Robert Page and Lewis Fulks. The directorial team included director Lewis Fulks, vocal director Jeannette Lipford, choral director Milton Pullen, choreographer Marj Baucam, costume designer Wyatt Hester, scenery designer Matt Aston, and technical director Ted Starnes. The musical ran from October 23rd to October 26th at the Abilene Civic Center.