[A 1886 Drug Store]

Description

Photograph of a 1886 Drug Store. The drug store is located in a two story brick building on the corner of a dirt street. The sign "Drug Store" on the northwest corner of the building, has a horse hitched to the support post. The front of the building has two glass box windows on either side of the double door entrance. Eight men are standing on the sidewalk near the front entrance. There is a man sitting in each of the four second story windows on the front side of building. A hitching post is on far left; two white ...

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 25.5 cm, Height: 20.3 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1885/1889.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 128 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

The George Ranch Historical Park has contributed a collection of over 2,000 photographs, artifacts, letters, artwork and more to us. The Park is a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of a 1886 Drug Store. The drug store is located in a two story brick building on the corner of a dirt street. The sign "Drug Store" on the northwest corner of the building, has a horse hitched to the support post. The front of the building has two glass box windows on either side of the double door entrance. Eight men are standing on the sidewalk near the front entrance. There is a man sitting in each of the four second story windows on the front side of building. A hitching post is on far left; two white wooden buildings on far right with the top of a two story brick building partially visible over the roof tops of the wooden buildings. The photograph is mounted on a tan cardboard substrate. Image dimensions are: 19.7 cm x 12.4 cm. Pencil writing near top left corner of cardboard reads [not fully legible]: 84.50 49.00 $35.50 $35.50 (with x's under the cents).

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 25.5 cm, Height: 20.3 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

The George Ranch Collection features extensive materials from the George Ranch Historical Park a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families, and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1885/1889

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1885 - 1889

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • Oct. 13, 2014, 8:21 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 1
Past 30 days: 3
Total Uses: 128

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[A 1886 Drug Store], photograph, 1885/1889; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8723/: accessed August 31, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.