[The southwest corner of the W. K. Davis home]

Description

Photograph of a two and a half story wooden house in Richmond, Texas. The photograph was enclosed in envelope 2000.059 and is an image of the W. K. Davis home. The photo is of the southwest corner of the house with two brick chimneys visible on the roof and the entire brick chimney visible on the right side of the house. The top and bottom porches on the front of the house are seen to the right of the photograph. Two automobiles are parked on the street next to the house. A brick business with sign that reads: "Wendel Insurance ... continued below

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 12.6 cm, Height: 8.9 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. [1949..1950].

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum are located in Fort Bend County. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. The park's mission centers on preserving the history of the county and galvanizing the appreciation of cultural heritage.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of a two and a half story wooden house in Richmond, Texas. The photograph was enclosed in envelope 2000.059 and is an image of the W. K. Davis home. The photo is of the southwest corner of the house with two brick chimneys visible on the roof and the entire brick chimney visible on the right side of the house. The top and bottom porches on the front of the house are seen to the right of the photograph. Two automobiles are parked on the street next to the house. A brick business with sign that reads: "Wendel Insurance Agency [bottom line not legible]" There is a large pecan tree on far right that was planted by Albert Peyton George.

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 12.6 cm, Height: 8.9 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton, and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • [1949..1950]

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1949 - 1950

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 30, 2017, 10:24 a.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 9

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Help Map this Photograph

Tell us if you know the precise location of this item. In the lower-left corner of map below, select either the pin () or the box (). Use the cross-hair to drop a pin or drag to create a new rectangle. You can zoom in, expand to full screen, change the terrain type, or in some cases switch to street-view so that it's easy for you to determine the coordinates.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

[The southwest corner of the W. K. Davis home], photograph, [1949..1950]; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8733/: accessed September 22, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.