[White envelope addressed to Mrs. A. P. George]

Description

White envelope containing one photograph. The envelope has a return address on the back flap with blue text that reads: "Mrs. A. P. George [line] Richmond, Texas". Written on the front of the envelope in blue ink: "W. K. Davis House Pecan Tree Planted by A. P. G."

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 16.4 cm, Height: 9.2 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. Creation Date: Unknown.

Context

This text is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. More information about this text can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this text or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this text.

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum are located in Fort Bend County. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. The park's mission centers on preserving the history of the county and galvanizing the appreciation of cultural heritage.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this text. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

White envelope containing one photograph. The envelope has a return address on the back flap with blue text that reads: "Mrs. A. P. George [line] Richmond, Texas". Written on the front of the envelope in blue ink: "W. K. Davis House Pecan Tree Planted by A. P. G."

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 16.4 cm, Height: 9.2 cm

Subjects

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this text in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This text is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton, and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this text?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this text.

Dates

  • This text's creation, acceptance, or submission date is unknown.

Start & End Dates

  • 1945 - 1955

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • July 25, 2006, 1:16 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this text last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 9

Where

Geographical information about where this text originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Text

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

International Image Interoperability Framework

IIF Logo

We support the IIIF Presentation API

[White envelope addressed to Mrs. A. P. George], text, Date Unknown; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8734/: accessed September 23, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.