[Trees in front of the J.H.P. Davis house]

Description

Photograph of the J.H.P. Davis house. The house is a white wooden two story home with first and second story porches. The porches have wooden railing and round white columns for support. This photograph shows the north/east fa�ade of the house. Note the water tank to the west (right of photo) side of the house that was built in September - October 1895 and was painted by December 21, 1895. Brick chimneys are visible on the east and west sides of the house. There is a portico on the east side. A small building with dome shaped roof is located ...

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 25.3 cm, Height: 20.5 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1895.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 24 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

The George Ranch Historical Park has contributed a collection of over 2,000 photographs, artifacts, letters, artwork and more to us. The Park is a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the J.H.P. Davis house. The house is a white wooden two story home with first and second story porches. The porches have wooden railing and round white columns for support. This photograph shows the north/east fa�ade of the house. Note the water tank to the west (right of photo) side of the house that was built in September - October 1895 and was painted by December 21, 1895. Brick chimneys are visible on the east and west sides of the house. There is a portico on the east side. A small building with dome shaped roof is located between the main house and the storage tank. The house is enclosed by a white picket fence with three trees on outside of fence. Page attached to the back of the photograph has writing in black ink that reads: "Early J. H. P. Davis House". Information provided by "Internship Report Davis Complex Research/Planning George Ranch Historical Park" by Michael Moore. This photograph were given to the George Foundation by the Fort Bend Museum.

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 25.3 cm, Height: 20.5 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

The George Ranch Collection features extensive materials from the George Ranch Historical Park a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families, and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1895

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1895 - Unknown End Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 7, 2007, 4:10 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 24

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Trees in front of the J.H.P. Davis house], photograph, 1895; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8746/: accessed December 8, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.