Childress County Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Childress County
Other: McGaughey, W. L.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Commissioner of the General Land Office
Printer: Geo. D. Barnard & Co.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: "Geo D. Barnard & Co., Photo-Litho and Engravers. St. Louis."
Name: Texas. General Land Office
- Creation: 1892
- Physical Description: 1 map : some col., laminated ; 63 x 50 cm.
- Content Description: Map of Childress County, Texas, including the Panhandle Plains region. The Initial Monument is located on the border between Texas and Okahoma, as shown on map. Scale ca. 1:133,334 (4000 varas per inch).
- Keyword: Panhandle Plains
- Keyword: lithographs
- Keyword: counties
- Keyword: Childress County, Texas
- Keyword: Oklahoma
- Keyword: Initial Monument
- Keyword: surveys
- Keyword: creeks
- Keyword: towns
- Keyword: Childress, Texas
- Keyword: railroads
- Keyword: Fort Worth and Denver City Railroad
- Keyword: rivers
- Keyword: Prairie Dog Town River
- Keyword: county maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Childress County (Tex.) -- Maps.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Childress County
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Time Period: tex-land
Name: GLO Historic County MapsCode: GLOHCM
Name: Texas General Land OfficeCode: GLO
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_3391
- Display Note: Part of the County map collection.