Hidalgo County Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hidalgo County
Name: Texas. General Land Office
- Creation: 1863-05-20
- Physical Description: 1 ms. map : some col., laminated ; 117 x 65 cm.
- Content Description: Map of Hidalgo County, Texas, including the South Texas Plains region. Laguna Madre is marked in blue, as shown on map. The roads to San Patricio, Texas, and from Rio Grande City to Corpus Christi, Texas are marked on map. Scale ca. 1:133,334 (4000 varas per inch).
- Keyword: South Texas Plains
- Keyword: manuscripts
- Keyword: counties
- Keyword: Hidalgo County, Texas
- Keyword: Laguna Madre
- Keyword: ranchos
- Keyword: surveys
- Keyword: creeks
- Keyword: towns
- Keyword: Edinberg, Texas
- Keyword: Brownsville, Texas
- Keyword: San Patricio, Texas
- Keyword: Rio Grande City, Texas
- Keyword: Corpus Christi, Texas
- Keyword: roads
- Keyword: Pichuga and Sardines Road
- Keyword: McAllen Road
- Keyword: Brownsville and Edinburgh Road
- Keyword: Hidalgo Road
- Keyword: Main Brownsville Road
- Keyword: Middle Brownsville Road
- Keyword: Lower Brownsville Road
- Keyword: rivers
- Keyword: Grande River
- Keyword: county maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Hidalgo County (Tex.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Hidalgo County
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Time Period: tex-land
Name: GLO Historic County MapsCode: GLOHCM
Name: Texas General Land OfficeCode: GLO
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_3668
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth88650
- Display Note: Part of the County map collection.
- Display Note: Adopted by Alamo Bank of Texas.