Map of Kent County Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Map of Kent County
Draftsman: Henry, O., 1862-1910Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Draftsman and compiler
Name: Texas General Land OfficePlace of Publication: Austin, Texas
- Creation: 1889-07
- Physical Description: 1 map ; 70 x 52 cm.
- Content Description: Cadastral map of Kent County, Texas in the Panhandle Plains region. Scale ca. 1:133,334 (4000 varas per inch). Shows boundaries and ownership of land, including that of several railroad companies. Compiled and drawn by William S. Porter, later known as the short story writer O. Henry. Map is notable for its landscape drawings near the top.
- Keyword: Panhandle Plains
- Keyword: manuscripts
- Keyword: counties
- Keyword: Kent County, Texas
- Keyword: surveys
- Keyword: creeks
- Keyword: towns
- Keyword: Clairmont, Texas
- Keyword: Jayton, Texas
- Keyword: mountains
- Keyword: Converse Mountain
- Keyword: rivers
- Keyword: Salt Fork of Brazos River
- Keyword: Main Fork of Brazos River
- Keyword: Double Mountain Fork of Brazos River
- Keyword: White River
- Keyword: county maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Kent County (Tex.) -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Henry, O., 1862-1910.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas. General Land Office.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Kent County
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Time Period: tex-land
- Other: Historic County Maps at the Texas General Land Office
- Preferred Citation: Map of Kent County, W.S. Porter, draftsman, July, 1889. #3756. Texas General Land Office, Austin.
Name: GLO Historic County MapsCode: GLOHCM
Name: O. Henry ProjectCode: OHENRY
Name: Texas General Land OfficeCode: GLO
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_3756
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth88727
- Display Note: Drawn by short story writer O. Henry, a General Land Office draftsman in the 1880's.
- Display Note: Conservation funded in 2001 with a donation from Kent County.