[T. B. Wessendorff residence in Richmond, Texas]

Description

Photograph of the T. B. Wessendorff residence in Richmond, Texas. This photograph copy was found in envelope 2000.053.010a. The house is a two and a half story white wooden house with dark trim. The house has a porch that wraps around one corner. The house has diamond shaped accents on windows and painted on the turret above the corner porch. There is a second floor balcony area on either side of the turret. Each gable of the roof has an half circle shaped window. There is a dormer to the left of the turret. The house is enclosed by a ... continued below

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 25.4 cm, Height: 20.6 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. [1901..1905].

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 109 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum are located in Fort Bend County. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. The park's mission centers on preserving the history of the county and galvanizing the appreciation of cultural heritage.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the T. B. Wessendorff residence in Richmond, Texas. This photograph copy was found in envelope 2000.053.010a. The house is a two and a half story white wooden house with dark trim. The house has a porch that wraps around one corner. The house has diamond shaped accents on windows and painted on the turret above the corner porch. There is a second floor balcony area on either side of the turret. Each gable of the roof has an half circle shaped window. There is a dormer to the left of the turret. The house is enclosed by a white picket fence. There is a hexagon shaped building to the left rear of the house and a white wooden building to the right rear. Text at bottom of photo reads: "T. B. Wessendorff. Res. Richmond Tex. 11."

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 25.4 cm, Height: 20.6 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton, and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • [1901..1905]

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1901 - 1905

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 25, 2017, 9:28 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 1
Total Uses: 109

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[T. B. Wessendorff residence in Richmond, Texas], photograph, [1901..1905]; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8890/: accessed December 12, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.