Map of Starr County Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Map of Starr County
- Added Title Starr County
Name: Texas. General Land Office
- Creation: 1896-02
- Physical Description: 1 ms. map : laminated ; 111 x 69 cm.
- Content Description: Cadastral "tracing" map of Starr County, Texas in the South Texas Plains region. Some notes and features are marked in color; locations of ranches, lagunas, roads, surveys, and creeks are noted. Scale ca. 1:133,334 (4000 varas per inch).
- Keyword: South Texas Plains
- Keyword: manuscripts
- Keyword: counties
- Keyword: county maps
- Keyword: surveys
- Keyword: creeks
- Keyword: ranches
- Keyword: lagunas
- Keyword: roads
- Keyword: towns
- Keyword: Roma, Texas
- Keyword: Rio Grande, Texas
- Keyword: Las Cuevas, Texas
- Keyword: rivers
- Keyword: Grande River
- Keyword: Rio Grande
- Keyword: Rio del Alama
- Keyword: lakes
- Keyword: San Pedro Lake
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Starr County (Tex.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Starr County
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Time Period: tex-land
Name: GLO Historic County MapsCode: GLOHCM
Name: Texas General Land OfficeCode: GLO
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_4050
- Display Note: Part of the County map collection.
- Display Note: Traced from map of 1885.