Map of Webb County Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Map of Webb County
Draftsman: Henry, O., 1862-1910Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Authorship is attributed to W.S. [William Sydney] Porter, who later became famous as the short story writer O. Henry. Porter worked as a draftsman at the General Land Office from 1887-1891.
Name: Texas. General Land OfficePlace of Publication: Austin, Texas
- Creation: 1888-06
- Physical Description: 1 ms. map : laminated ; 86 x 71 cm.
- Content Description: Cadastral map of Webb County, Texas in the South Texas Plains region. Some features are marked in color and some sketched illustrations around the title. Scale ca. 1:133,334 (4000 varas per inch). Authorship is attributed to W.S. Porter, later known as the short story writer O. Henry.
- Keyword: South Texas Plains
- Keyword: manuscripts
- Keyword: counties
- Keyword: county maps
- Keyword: surveys
- Keyword: creeks
- Keyword: ranches
- Keyword: towns
- Keyword: Laredo, Texas
- Keyword: Palafox, Texas
- Keyword: forts
- Keyword: Fort McIntosh
- Keyword: Eagle Pass Road
- Keyword: Laredo Road
- Keyword: mountains
- Keyword: La Llomada San Pedro Mountain
- Keyword: Los Dos Hermanos Mountains
- Keyword: El Almud Mountain
- Keyword: rivers
- Keyword: Grande del Norte River
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Webb County (Tex.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Henry, O., 1862-1910.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas. General Land Office.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Webb County
- Time Period: tex-fron
- Time Period: tex-land
- Other: Historic County Maps at the Texas General Land Office
- Preferred Citation: Map of Webb County, W. S. Porter, draftsman, June 1888. #4218. Texas General Land Office, Austin.
Name: GLO Historic County MapsCode: GLOHCM
Name: O. Henry ProjectCode: OHENRY
Name: Texas General Land OfficeCode: GLO
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_4128
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth89053