Goliad County Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Goliad County
- Physical Description: 1 map ; 94 x 77 cm.
- Content Description: Map of Goliad County, Texas in the South Texas Plains region. This map is badly fragmented, including several pieces in the lower-left corner that could not be pieced into the rest of the map. Scale ca. 1:133,334 (4000 varas per inch).
- Keyword: South Texas Plains
- Keyword: manuscripts
- Keyword: counties
- Keyword: county maps
- Keyword: surveys
- Keyword: creeks
- Keyword: forts
- Keyword: Goliad Fort
- Keyword: missions
- Keyword: Goliad Mission
- Keyword: roads
- Keyword: crossings
- Keyword: Anastas Crossing
- Keyword: rivers
- Keyword: San Antonio River
- Keyword: road to Matamoros
- Keyword: road to Mission del Refugio
- Keyword: road to Corpus Christi
- Keyword: road to Victoria
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Texas -- Maps.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Landscape and Nature - Geography and Maps
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Goliad County (Tex.) -- Maps, Manuscript.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Goliad County
- Time Period: tex-land
Name: GLO Historic County MapsCode: GLOHCM
Name: Texas General Land OfficeCode: GLO
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: GLO_4854
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth89193
- Display Note: Part of the County map collection. Conservation funded by Friends of the Texas General Land Office in 2005.
- Display Note: Note on map: "Appears to be earlier than the 1853 map".