[Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site]

Description

Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site. The ranch house is the white wooden, two story building located in the bottom right corner of the photo. The house has four brick chimneys seen above the roof line. The top and bottom porches of the house are screened. Adjacent to the main house is the white round cistern house. The cistern house has a white railed stairway leading to the upper entrance. The white building to the left rear of the house is the smoke house. Two white wooden buildings near the left corner are the servants quarters. ... continued below

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 18.1 cm, Height: 12.7 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. January 13, 1953.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 196 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum are located in Fort Bend County. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. The park's mission centers on preserving the history of the county and galvanizing the appreciation of cultural heritage.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site. The ranch house is the white wooden, two story building located in the bottom right corner of the photo. The house has four brick chimneys seen above the roof line. The top and bottom porches of the house are screened. Adjacent to the main house is the white round cistern house. The cistern house has a white railed stairway leading to the upper entrance. The white building to the left rear of the house is the smoke house. Two white wooden buildings near the left corner are the servants quarters. Barn 1 followed by barn 2 are situated above and slightly to the right of the servants quarters. Barn 3 is directly left of barn 3. Below barn 3 is the dipping vat with the teardrop (shaped) pen, and round pen. Written on back of photo in blue ink: "Albert George 1/13/53".

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 18.1 cm, Height: 12.7 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton, and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • January 13, 1953

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 1, 2007, 3:11 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 1
Total Uses: 196

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Aerial photograph of the George Ranch house and ranch site], photograph, January 13, 1953; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8973/: accessed December 14, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.