[Aerial photograph of the George Ranch site next to the highway]

Description

Aerial photograph of the George Ranch site. The highway near bottom right of photo, Farm to Market 762, leads to the George Ranch by turning left at the white wooden entryway. The ranch driveway is lined by white fence posts and trees. Cattle are grazing in the pasture near left bottom of photo. The George Ranch house is on the far left of photo. The two story white wooden house is obscured by large oak trees. There is a large barn to the right of the house and another smaller barn near center left. The town of Richmond is visible ...

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 17.7 cm, Height: 12.8 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. January 13, 1953.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 46 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

The George Ranch Historical Park has contributed a collection of over 2,000 photographs, artifacts, letters, artwork and more to us. The Park is a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Aerial photograph of the George Ranch site. The highway near bottom right of photo, Farm to Market 762, leads to the George Ranch by turning left at the white wooden entryway. The ranch driveway is lined by white fence posts and trees. Cattle are grazing in the pasture near left bottom of photo. The George Ranch house is on the far left of photo. The two story white wooden house is obscured by large oak trees. There is a large barn to the right of the house and another smaller barn near center left. The town of Richmond is visible from center background to right background. Note the water tower near center right. Written in blue ink on back of photo: "Albert George" 1/13/53".

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 17.7 cm, Height: 12.8 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

The George Ranch Collection features extensive materials from the George Ranch Historical Park a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families, and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • January 13, 1953

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 1, 2007, 3:12 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 46

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Aerial photograph of the George Ranch site next to the highway], photograph, January 13, 1953; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8975/: accessed September 30, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.