[A car parked in front of George Ranch house garage]

Description

Photograph of the George Ranch house garage. The white wooden garage has the two doors on left that are opened. The two doors on right are closed and a car is parked in front of the door on far right. On the roof, a gable on left has numbers "1915" while the gable on right has numbers "1911". The cement drive is in foreground with a sidewalk off to the right that probably leads to the main ranch house. Large oak trees on left and right of house with a white picket fence separating two of the trees on right. ...

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 17.6 cm, Height: 12.9 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. July 16, 1951.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 325 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

The George Ranch Historical Park has contributed a collection of over 2,000 photographs, artifacts, letters, artwork and more to us. The Park is a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the George Ranch house garage. The white wooden garage has the two doors on left that are opened. The two doors on right are closed and a car is parked in front of the door on far right. On the roof, a gable on left has numbers "1915" while the gable on right has numbers "1911". The cement drive is in foreground with a sidewalk off to the right that probably leads to the main ranch house. Large oak trees on left and right of house with a white picket fence separating two of the trees on right. Written on back of photo in blue ink: "Picture of Cousin Mamie's garage, made July 16, 1951 (Keep)".

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 17.6 cm, Height: 12.9 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

The George Ranch Collection features extensive materials from the George Ranch Historical Park a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families, and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • July 16, 1951

Covered Time Period

Coverage Date

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 1, 2007, 3:15 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 2
Total Uses: 325

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[A car parked in front of George Ranch house garage], photograph, July 16, 1951; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth8987/: accessed July 29, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.