[Gate in front of the George Ranch house]

Description

Photograph close-up of the George Ranch house. The house is a two story white wooden house enclosed by a white picket fence with gate near center right of photo. In this photo, note that the top porch is screened, no shutters adorn the windows, no foul pens are on the outside perimeter of the picket fence, and there is a south driveway leading to the house. . 001 photo has a black pattern border with "Fox Co." written in top right and bottom left of pattern. Stamped on back in blue: "2 94". Stamped in back in purple: "Guaranteed For ...

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 12.4 cm, Height: 7.9 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1927.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 16 times . More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

The George Ranch Historical Park has contributed a collection of over 2,000 photographs, artifacts, letters, artwork and more to us. The Park is a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph close-up of the George Ranch house. The house is a two story white wooden house enclosed by a white picket fence with gate near center right of photo. In this photo, note that the top porch is screened, no shutters adorn the windows, no foul pens are on the outside perimeter of the picket fence, and there is a south driveway leading to the house. . 001 photo has a black pattern border with "Fox Co." written in top right and bottom left of pattern. Stamped on back in blue: "2 94". Stamped in back in purple: "Guaranteed For Life This Is A Geunine [sic] Border [outline of fox] Fox Tone Picture Made By Fox Company, San Antonio, Texas Trade mark Protected". A brown line is across this stamp. .002 is an 8 x 10 enlargement of .001.

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 12.4 cm, Height: 7.9 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

The George Ranch Collection features extensive materials from the George Ranch Historical Park a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families, and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1927

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 8, 2007, 2:06 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 16

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[Gate in front of the George Ranch house], photograph, 1927; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9027/: accessed August 26, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.