[George Ranch House and yard from a south approach]

Description

Photograph of the George Ranch House and yard, south approach. The chicken house is the white wooden building on the left side of the photo followed by the garage. White wooden fence posts are in front of the main ranch house, a white wooden two story house obscured by tall oak trees. The house has porches on top and bottom, with the top porch screened in this photo. Note that there are no shutters on the windows. The south driveway leads to the garage. The photograph is bordered by a black pattern. Stamped on back in blue: "2 94". Stamped ...

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 12.5 cm, Height: 7.9 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. 1927.

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Rights Holders

For guidance see Citations, Rights, Re-Use.

  • Unknown

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

The George Ranch Historical Park has contributed a collection of over 2,000 photographs, artifacts, letters, artwork and more to us. The Park is a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the George Ranch House and yard, south approach. The chicken house is the white wooden building on the left side of the photo followed by the garage. White wooden fence posts are in front of the main ranch house, a white wooden two story house obscured by tall oak trees. The house has porches on top and bottom, with the top porch screened in this photo. Note that there are no shutters on the windows. The south driveway leads to the garage. The photograph is bordered by a black pattern. Stamped on back in blue: "2 94". Stamped in back in purple: "Guaranteed For Life This Is A Geunine [sic] Border [outline of fox] Fox Tone Picture Made By Fox Company, San Antonio, Texas Trade mark Protected". A brown line is across this stamp.

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 12.5 cm, Height: 7.9 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

The George Ranch Collection features extensive materials from the George Ranch Historical Park a 23,000 acre working ranch and living history museum. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families, and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • 1927

Added to The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 8, 2007, 2:06 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 6

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[George Ranch House and yard from a south approach], photograph, 1927; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9028/: accessed December 10, 2016), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.