[The George Ranch house from an east approach]

Description

Photograph of the George Ranch house, east approach. The two story white wooden house has three of the four chimneys visible. The two open porches on have white railing. There is a rocking chair on the bottom porch. Two oak trees partially obscure view of the front of house. The cistern house, to the left of the main house, is not painted and has no weather vane on top during this period. The top of a windmill is seen between the cistern house and the main house. A white picket fence is in front of the house and a wire ... continued below

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 11.5 cm, Height: 7 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. [1911..1924].

Context

This photograph is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. More information about this photograph can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this photograph or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this photograph.

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum are located in Fort Bend County. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. The park's mission centers on preserving the history of the county and galvanizing the appreciation of cultural heritage.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this photograph. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Photograph of the George Ranch house, east approach. The two story white wooden house has three of the four chimneys visible. The two open porches on have white railing. There is a rocking chair on the bottom porch. Two oak trees partially obscure view of the front of house. The cistern house, to the left of the main house, is not painted and has no weather vane on top during this period. The top of a windmill is seen between the cistern house and the main house. A white picket fence is in front of the house and a wire fence for foul encloses the picket fence. Inside of the wire fence on right and to the left of the wooden gate are several wooden boxes (coops ?). There is no driveway leading to front. Stamped on back of photo in black: "316".

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 11.5 cm, Height: 7 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this photograph in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This photograph is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton, and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this photograph?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this photograph.

Creation Date

  • [1911..1924]

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1911 - 1924

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 25, 2017, 10:14 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this photograph last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 7

Where

Geographical information about where this photograph originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Photograph

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[The George Ranch house from an east approach], photograph, [1911..1924]; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9042/: accessed July 24, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.