[The George Ranch house from a northwest approach]

Description

Postcard image of the George Ranch House northwest approach. The house is white wooden and two story. The bottom porch of the house has brick columns, while the top porch has white, round columns and both have white wooden railing. Three of the four brick chimneys are visible in this photo. The cistern house on the right side of the photograph is unpainted at this period. The windmill is partially visible between the limbs of the huge oak tree on far right. The house is surrounded by a picket fence which in turn is partially enclosed by a wire fence ... continued below

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 13.8 cm, Height: 8.6 cm

Creation Information

Creator: Unknown. [1911..1924].

Context

This postcard is part of the collection entitled: George Ranch Museum Collection and was provided by George Ranch Historical Park to The Portal to Texas History, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 18 times . More information about this postcard can be viewed below.

Who

People and organizations associated with either the creation of this postcard or its content.

Creator

  • We've been unable to identify the creator(s) of this postcard.

Provided By

George Ranch Historical Park

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum are located in Fort Bend County. The land was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. The park's mission centers on preserving the history of the county and galvanizing the appreciation of cultural heritage.

Contact Us

What

Descriptive information to help identify this postcard. Follow the links below to find similar items on the Portal.

Description

Postcard image of the George Ranch House northwest approach. The house is white wooden and two story. The bottom porch of the house has brick columns, while the top porch has white, round columns and both have white wooden railing. Three of the four brick chimneys are visible in this photo. The cistern house on the right side of the photograph is unpainted at this period. The windmill is partially visible between the limbs of the huge oak tree on far right. The house is surrounded by a picket fence which in turn is partially enclosed by a wire fence for foul. On the George house, note that both porches are open and no driveway has been formed in front.

Physical Description

Paper; Width/Diameter: 13.8 cm, Height: 8.6 cm

Subjects

NMC Chenhalls

University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure

Item Type

Identifier

Unique identifying numbers for this postcard in the Portal or other systems.

Collections

This postcard is part of the following collection of related materials.

George Ranch Museum Collection

This 23,000-acre working ranch and living history museum was originally settled in 1824 as part of the Austin Colony by Nancy and Henry Jones. Materials focus on the Jones and George families and the traditional Texas pursuits of cattle, cotton, and oil.

What responsibilities do I have when using this postcard?

When

Dates and time periods associated with this postcard.

Creation Date

  • [1911..1924]

Covered Time Period

Start & End Dates

  • 1911 - 1924

Added to The The Portal to Texas History

  • Jan. 26, 2006, 10:26 a.m.

Description Last Updated

  • March 25, 2017, 10:14 p.m.

Usage Statistics

When was this postcard last used?

Yesterday: 0
Past 30 days: 0
Total Uses: 18

Where

Geographical information about where this postcard originated or about its content.

Map Information

  • map marker Automatically generated Place Name coordinates.
  • Repositioning map may be required for optimal printing.

Mapped Locations

Interact With This Postcard

Here are some suggestions for what to do next.

Enlarge

Citations, Rights, Re-Use

[The George Ranch house from a northwest approach], postcard, [1911..1924]; (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth9044/: accessed July 27, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting George Ranch Historical Park.