Documents pertaining to the case of The State of Texas vs. C. C. McWilliams, cause no. 1077, 1875 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Documents pertaining to the case of The State of Texas vs. C. C. McWilliams, cause no. 1077, 1875
Compiler: Bishop, J. B.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Clerk, District Court, Henderson County
Compiler: Eustace, W. T.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Clerk, District Court, Henderson County
- Creation: 1875/1876
- Content Description: Documents related to the case of The State of Texas vs. C. C. McWilliams, accused of assault with attempt to murder W. D. Rounsevall, filed July 30, 1875. Documents include a witness' millage reimbursement receipt, the charge for the jury written by presiding judge M. H. Bonner, a sworn statement by the defendant and request for a continuance, a document submitted by the state protesting the defendant's request for a continuance, witness summons and attachments, a bond note for Asberry McWilliams, an arrest warrant for C. C. McWilliams, and a bill of indictment signed by grand jury foreman James Aariett. The jury's verdict is written on the back of the indictment: "We the jury find the defendant not guilty of an assault with intent to murder but guilty of an aggravated assault upon the said W. D. Rounsevall and assess the find at one hundred ($100,00) dollars."
- Physical Description: 15 documents ; various sizes, folded, in an envelope 24 x 11 cm. Documents are handwritten in ink on paper and printed forms.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Legal Documents
- Named Person: Williams, C. C.
- Named Person: Rounsevall, W. D.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Henderson County
- Time Period: civ-war
- Start Date: 1875-07-30
- End Date: 1876-10-30
Name: Henderson County District Court casesCode: HDCC
Name: Henderson County District Clerk's OfficeCode: HCDC
- Legal Document
- Accession or Local Control No: cause no. 1077
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth90540
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Expression 10000XL