Documents pertaining to the case of The State of Texas vs. B. A. Atwood, cause no. 1127, 1875 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Documents pertaining to the case of The State of Texas vs. B. A. Atwood, cause no. 1127, 1875
Compiler: Bishop, J. B.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Clerk, District Court, Henderson County
Compiler: Eustace, W. T.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Clerk, District Court, Henderson County
- Creation: 1874/1876
- Content Description: Documents related to the case of The State of Texas vs. B. A. Atwood, accused of "illegally selling property mortgaged to J. H. Brown & Co.," filed November 26, 1875. Documents include a bill of indictment signed by grand jury foreman B. W. Wofford, a nolle prosequi submitted by the state, witness summons, an arrest warrant and bond note for B. A. Atwood, and a request for witness attachments submitted by the defense.
- Physical Description: 10 documents ; various sizes, folded, in an envelope 24 x 11 cm. Documents are handwritten in ink on paper and printed forms.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Government and Law - Legal Documents
- Named Person: Atwood, B. A.
- Named Person: Brown, J. H., & Co.
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Henderson County
- Time Period: civ-war
- Start Date: 1874-12-31
- End Date: 1876-10-27
Name: Henderson County District Court casesCode: HDCC
Name: Henderson County District Clerk's OfficeCode: HCDC
- Legal Document
- Accession or Local Control No: cause no. 1127
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: CS creationHardware: Epson Expression 10000XL