Geography of Denton County Page: 54
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
GEOGRAPHY OF DENTON COUNTY
as he might have for free use while work is being done
by the E. C. W. on his farm.
3. To plow along terrace lines as they are run by
the terracing crews; to provide labor and construct the
terraces and make the fills where terraces are used, etc.
4. To carry out complete gopher control at his own
expense for the period under agreement.
5. To remove and burn brush and undesirable trees
from pasture areas; to control the weeds in the pasture;
to permit not overgrazing of pasture land; to plant
seeds for a pasture according to directions and to save
sufficient seed each year for planting the pasture the
6. To mark off rows for tree planting under E. C. W.
directions when deemed advisable; to cultivate and
protect woods, reforested areas, meadows, pastures, and
abandoned lands from fire.
7. To provide posts, wire, labor for construction of
fences for protection of timber, pastures, cultivated
8. To keep all livestock out of cultivated fields when
the fields are wet and whenever the strips might be
damaged by grazing or stamping.
9. To permit no wagons, -implements, or livestock
of any kind to use the terrace outlet channels as a road.
10. To plow in all gullies and washes according to
E. C. W. methods.
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
Cowling, Mary Jo. Geography of Denton County, book, 1936; Dallas, Tex.. (texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth90885/m1/69/: accessed April 23, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, The Portal to Texas History, texashistory.unt.edu; crediting Denton Public Library.