Milka Duno Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Milka Duno
- Series Title entertainment
Author: Castillo, José L.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: José L. Castillo, a correspondent for the international EFE News Service, donated his archive of photographs taken between July 2004 and July 2006 to the UNT Archives. The images depict protests and political events in the Latino community, including the march protesting immigration bill HR 4437 in April 2006 by more than 350,000 people; Hispanic community and political leaders; and festivals, Latino soccer leagues and other gatherings in the North Texas area. Featured subjects include Fort Worth Mayor Mike Moncrief; former Dallas Mayor Laura Miller, Dallas ISD Superintendent Michael Hinojosa; former LULAC President Hector Flores.
Translator: Lopez, EdgarContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: University of North Texas Archives, Graduate Library Assistant
- Creation: 2005-11-17
- Content Description: This article describes the academic accomplishments of race car driver Milk Duno and her work to encourage Hispanic children to read. Both the original Spanish article and the English translation are included.
- Physical Description: 2 p. ; 28 cm.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups - Hispanics
- Keyword: news articles
- Named Person: Milka Duno
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Children
- Keyword: reading promotion
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
- Time Period: mod-tim
- References: [Photograph of Milka Duno], 01 MILKA DUNO, ark:/67531/metapth23594
Name: José L. Castillo Photograph CollectionCode: JCPC
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: MILKA DUN0 111705