[100 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone Grocery Company] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [100 S. Sycamore - Pearlstone Grocery Company]
Author: Goebel, MattCreator Type: Personal
Donor: City of Palestine
- Creation: 1993-02
- Digitized: 2006-01-31
- Content Description: This building is one of the relatively few historic warehouses to survive in Palestine. The building is indicative of how little stylistic ornamentation was applied to buildings that were used for utilitarian purposes. The building does have paired, double-hung windows set within segmented arches and vertical brick piers that define the bays. The Davidson-Pearlstone Grocery Company was in operation at this site for several years following its formation in 1899. In 1904 local businessman Hyman Pearlstone bought the controlling interest and renamed the company. According to local historians, J.T. Sweetman bought an interest in the firm in 1905. The Pearlstone Grocery Company opened in this building in January 1913.
- Physical Description: 1 photographic print : b&w ; 8 x 10 in.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Anderson County - Palestine
- Time Period: mod-tim
Name: Rescuing Texas History, 2006Code: SG06
Name: Palestine Public LibraryCode: PPL
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: 2006 - PPL - HRSPT_1
- Display Note: Camera looking: Northeast Photograph: 14 of 22
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: MagicScan32 creationAppVersion: 4.5 creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: UMAX Powerlook 2100 XL