Oral History Interview with Mary Ann "Bessie" Diaz, June 29, 2016. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Oral History Interview with Mary Ann "Bessie" Diaz, June 29, 2016.
Interviewer: Acuña-Gurrola, MoisésCreator Type: Personal
Interviewer: Wall, JamesCreator Type: Personal
Interviewee: Diaz, Mary Ann "Bessy"Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 2016-06-29
- Content Description: Ms. Diaz discusses her personal history as a teacher during and after desegregation in Corpus Christi. She and her husband, former CCISD superintendent Tony Diaz, remain active in the community as advocates for education.
- Physical Description: 7 recordings (1 hr., 49 min., 13 sec.) : sd., col. ; digital
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Ethnic Groups
- Keyword: oral histories
- Keyword: biographies
- Keyword: interviews
- Keyword: civil rights
- Keyword: education
- Named Person: Diaz, Mary Ann
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Nueces County - Corpus Christi
- Website: https://crbb.tcu.edu/interviews/interview-with-bessy-diaz
Name: Civil Rights in Black and BrownCode: CRBB
Name: TCU Mary Couts Burnett LibraryCode: TCU
- Accession or Local Control No: Diaz_Mary_Ann_Bessy
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metapth987559