This system will be undergoing maintenance Monday, January 23 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM CST.
A. F. Weaver Collection - Browse
Filters have been applied to your results. Adjust settings from lower-left menu.
- [An E-mail Dated 3/9/'99 to A. F. Weaver from Dr. Meyer, of Texas A&M]
- An e-mail to A.F. Weaver, concerning Ike Sablosky, written by Greg Meyer of Texas A & M, March 9, 1999. Mr. Weaver apparently had inquired about Mr. Sablosky in connection with a photograph.
- [A Letter Concerning Mineral Wells High School 1953 Graduation]
- A letter is shown here (dated November 27, 2002) from R. B. Shiflet to Bob Bellamy, concerning the Mineral Wells High School graduating classes of 1953 and 1954. It states that the move to the "new" campus occurred during the Christmas holidays of 1953. The letter also describes classroom conditions during this period. Houston School faculty members are mentioned, as well. They included R. B. Shiflet, Mrs. D. R. (Ferne) Hudson and Mrs. Mildred Burnham.
- [A Letter from Mrs. William Wehunt to A.F. Weaver]--dated to about 2002
- The letter shown is from "Mrs. William Wehunt", who was the former Katherine Brookshire, whose father owned a furniture store in Mineral Wells. The bank referred to in the letter is believed to have been the Bank of Mineral Wells, that failed in 1924. It had been Mineral Wells' first bank. The Brookshire family of Mineral Wells is believed to be distantly related to the founder of the chain of Brookshire grocery stores.
- [A Letter from Texas Governor to D.C. Harris]
- James V. Allred, then governor of Texas wrote, on July 14, 1938, to D.C. Harris a charming response to a letter Mr. Harris had sent to him. The original letter, that prompted this reply, has not survived to this day . Mr.Allred's letter is reproduced here for the benefit of the curious.