Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion from the southeast showing dark columns, white picket fence out front, and wild grounds. Windows on the south side and front upper porch of the mansion are shuttered. Photographed from behind the white picket fence, which is visible in the immediate right foreground. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1880 was Governor Oran M. Roberts. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Photograph of Sixth Street in Austin. Buildings are visible on either side, and streetcar tracks are in the road. A few horse-drawn carriages are in the road. A sign is visible for L.W. Culver Furniture. A tall electric pol is on the right side.