Photograph of the parade for the dedication of the Texas State Capitol building. This particular photograph features cavalry troops (Interstate drill) marching down Congress Avenue. Crowds of spectators are standing watching on either side of the street. Many flags are on display.
Photograph of exterior front of Texas Governor's Mansion. The columns are dark, and the grounds are a bit unkempt and the windows shuttered. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1886 was Governor Lawrence Sullivan Ross. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.