Description: Photograph of the side of Blackshear Elementary School, a two story brick building with a flat roof located at 1712 East 11th Street and constructed in 1936. The school was named for Edward Lavernia Blackshear, a former administrative supervisor of Austin's African-American schools. There are groups of 5 windows on the first and second floor, with decorative brickwork on the wall between the floors. A one-story entrance, with two sets of wooden double doors, sits to the left of the two-story section. To the right, hands hold a chalk board sign that reads, "2-14 1-BLACKSHEAR".
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library