Austin History Center General Collection Photographs - 1,017 Matching Results

Search Results

[Rear of hut at Austin Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of rear view of a small roofed structure with benches inside on the Austin Municipal Golf Course. The hut is surrounded by trees and uneven land with a green behind it on the right. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 14, 1939
Creator: Bureau of Indentification Photographic Lab., Austin
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Parents and children visit turkeys at Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms]

Description: Photograph of a group of parents and small children visiting the turkey coop at Pioneer Farms. Two children and parent look into the turkey coop. A white turkey is walking toward the coop. Feed covers the ground. In 1852, Frederick and Harriet B. Jourdan settled on the site near Walnut Creek with their children. In 1956, grandchildren Laura and Eugene Giles, donated the core of their grandparents' property to the Heritage Society of Austin, in order to preserve the pioneer experience. The site and its museum operated under the auspices of the Austin Natural Science Association and later by the Parks and Recreation Department of the city of Austin until it was transferred back to the Heritage Society of Austin in 2003. Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms operates multiple sites today. Pioneer Farms is a member of the American Association of Museums, the Association of Living History Farms and Museums, the American Association for State and Local History, the Texas Association of Museums and the Austin Museum Partnership.Pioneer Farms is a registered Austin Historic Landmark and a designated Heritage Tourism Destination Site. Our Pioneer School is community-education partner with the Austin Community College.
Date: [1980..]
Creator: John Bone Photographic Services
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Golfers and caddy on green at Austin Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a putting green at Austin Municipal Golf Course with one man, two women and a boy. One of the women puts the ball while the man holds the flag and a golf bag with clubs. The boy holds another golf bag with clubs while the second woman leans on her putter. A man on tractor rides by them behind the green. Trees are in the distance. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1937
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

View [of club house] at Municipal Golf Course

Description: Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course and Club House and lawn. The grass is freshly mowed and the club house is partially obscured in the background by trees and shrubs. Club house entrance and right elevation are visible. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 19, 1941
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Golfers putting on green at Austin Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of a family playing golf at the Austin Municipal Golf Course and a lawn maintenance worker keeping the grounds. One woman puts while a man holds the flag. A boy holds a second golf bag while a second woman looks on. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1937
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Hut at the Municipal] Golf Course

Description: Photograph of Small roofed structure with benches inside at the Austin Municipal Golf Course. The hut is surrounded by trees and uneven land. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 14, 1939
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Golfers on the green at Municipal Golf Course]

Description: Photograph of the green from the trees; man in foreground, five men with clubs in background. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1934/unknown
Creator: Boone Photo Co.
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Man walking in snow before Ranger statue at Texas State Capitol building]

Description: Photograph of a man walking in the snow and carrying an umbrella to protect his uncovered head from snow flurries. He is in front of the Texas Ranger equestrian statue on the grounds of the Texas state capitol building. Light snow covers the sidewalk and ground, indicating this snowfall as the first.
Date: [1980..1989]
Creator: Y-Weekly Newspaper
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Municipal Golf Course club house]

Description: Photograph of Municipal Gold Course club house in snow with lion statue representing the Lions Club, which built the clubhouse in 1928. The entrance opens to the right. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1937
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Club house at Municipal Golf Course [in snow]

Description: Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course Club House entrance covered in snow. Wooden chairs and a bench sit on the concrete patio to the left of the double screen door entrance. Two large bushes flank the walkway. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: November 1, 1937
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Austin Municipal Golf Course] caretaker's house

Description: Photograph of the caretaker's house at the Austin municipal golf course. The house is made of white brick with several screened windows and a screen door facing a concrete patio. A wooden ladder leans on the side of the house to the roof. Construction debris litters the grassless yard. A shed sits behind the house. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: July 14, 1939
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Station wagon pulls Jackie Gerber, skiing on snow]

Description: Photograph of Jackie Gerber of Austin, trying to ski behind a car on the first snowfall in several years. About 3-4 inches fell in the area, causing the closure of schools and many businesses. The modified water skies used by Gerber didn't do too well on the dry snow.
Date: January 3, 1985
Creator: Thomas, Bob
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Austin Municipal Golf Course club house]

Description: Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course Club House front elevation. Screened double doors, a columned entrance, and gable windows are visible. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course.
Date: 1937
Creator: Bureau of Identification Photographic Lab., Austin
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Children's washtub band at Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farm]

Description: Photograph of a washtub band consisting of at least nine young adults performing in a barn at Pioneer Farms. They wear homemade t-shirts that read "I'm a Singing Spark." Instruments consist of: three guitars, guitarron, banjo, washtub bass, and at least one tambourine. In 1852, Frederick and Harriet B. Jourdan settled on the site near Walnut Creek with their children. In 1956, grandchildren Laura and Eugene Giles, donated the core of their grandparents' property to the Heritage Society of Austin, in order to preserve the pioneer experience. The site and its museum operated under the auspices of the Austin Natural Science Association and later by the Parks and Recreation Department of the city of Austin until it was transferred back to the Heritage Society of Austin in 2003. Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms operates multiple sites today. Pioneer Farms is a member of the American Association of Museums, the Association of Living History Farms and Museums, the American Association for State and Local History, the Texas Association of Museums and the Austin Museum Partnership.Pioneer Farms is a registered Austin Historic Landmark and a designated Heritage Tourism Destination Site. Our Pioneer School is community-education partner with the Austin Community College.
Date: [1980..]
Creator: John Bone Photographic Services
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Metalsmith sculptor selling wares at the Renaissance Market]

Description: Photograph of a metalsmith working on a sculpture on his sales table at the Renaissance Market on "The Drag" on Guadalupe Street near the University of Texas, Austin campus. His sculptures are towers, airships, and flowers with a fantastic element. His table is set up in front of a mural. A woman browses his wares.
Date: 1977
Creator: Simon, Los
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Mrs. Mary Anne Joseph at Elisabet Ney Museum

Description: Photograph of Mrs. Mary Anne Joseph looking at a book inscription reading, "Very sincerely bride Nell Taylor, Feb 16, 1929, Elisabet Ney Museum" in front of a classic bust. In 1892, European portrait sculptor Elisabet Ney (1833-1907) purchased property in Austin at 304 East 44th Street, established a studio named Formosa, and resumed her career as a noted sculptor. Ney sculpted and collected portraits of notable Texans and Europeans. Following Ney’s death in 1907, her friends preserved the studio and its contents as the Elisabet Ney Museum and established the Texas Fine Arts Association dedicated to her memory.
Date: February 2, 1968
Creator: Recreation Department, City of Austin
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Exterior of Elisabet Ney Museum]

Description: Photograph of the exterior of the Elisabet Ney Museum located at 304 East 44th Street. The house is made of stone and has a classical pediment and a tower. A flag is visible on the tower. The grounds are unkempt.In 1892, European portrait sculptor Elisabet Ney (1833-1907) purchased property in Austin at 304 East 44th Street, established a studio named Formosa, and resumed her career as a noted sculptor. Ney sculpted and collected portraits of notable Texans and Europeans. Following Ney’s death in 1907, her friends preserved the studio and its contents as the Elisabet Ney Museum and established the Texas Fine Arts Association dedicated to her memory.
Date: 19uu
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Exterior of Elisabet Ney Studio]

Description: Photograph of men, women, and children enjoy the outdoors outside of Elisabet Ney's sculpture studio. Bare tree branches and coats indicate the season is probably late fall or winter. This is the south elevation of the studio which is made of stone. In 1892, European portrait sculptor Elisabet Ney (1833-1907) purchased property in Austin at 304 East 44th Street, established a studio named Formosa, and resumed her career as a noted sculptor. Ney sculpted and collected portraits of notable Texans and Europeans. Following Ney’s death in 1907, her friends preserved the studio and its contents as the Elisabet Ney Museum and established the Texas Fine Arts Association dedicated to her memory.
Date: [..1910]
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

Elisabet Ney's Studio

Description: Photograph of an exterior view of Elisabet Ney's Studio. The stone building has a classical style pediment. Two people are visible seated at a table to the side of the building. In 1892, European portrait sculptor Elisabet Ney (1833-1907) purchased property in Austin at 304 East 44th Street, established a studio named Formosa, and resumed her career as a noted sculptor. Ney sculpted and collected portraits of notable Texans and Europeans. Following Ney’s death in 1907, her friends preserved the studio and its contents as the Elisabet Ney Museum and established the Texas Fine Arts Association dedicated to her memory.
Date: 1893
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Glass Merchandise at Renaissance Market]

Description: Photograph of a handcrafted glass tree sculpture for sale at the Renaissance Market on "The Drag" on Guadalupe Street near the University of Texas, Austin campus. Other sculptures of a bird bath and armadillos also on display. The tree catches the sunlight and glistens while shoppers browse in the background.
Date: 197u
Creator: Austin Citizen
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library

[Sandal vendor at the Renaissance Market]

Description: Photograph of a vendor selling flipflops at the Renaissance Market off "The Drag" portion of Guadalupe Street near the University of Texas, Austin campus. Other vendors on the lot have taken down their booths and vacated, leaving the lot bare and full of bricks.
Date: 197u
Creator: Austin Citizen
Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library