American Lumberman Photographs of Southern Pine Lumber Company - 255 Matching Results

Search Results

[Lindsey Springs Camp Workers]

Description: Photograph of two Southern Pine Lumber Company woods sawyers in the Lindsey Springs area, Angelina County. Lindsey Springs, located about seven miles northeast of Diboll, was a Southern Pine Lumber Company logging camp from about 1898 to 1906. According to the federal census of 1900, the community then had a population of 110.
Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Partner: The History Center

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Commissary Interior]

Description: Photograph of the interior of the Southern Pine Lumber Company commissary in 1903. Stocking almost everything carried by a modern "superstore" as well as such items as fiddle strings, horse collars, coffins and caskets, it was a complete shopping center and mall under one roof. It also contained doctor offices, a drug store, and the post office.
Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Partner: The History Center

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Dry Kilns]

Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company dry kilns, also showing workers with a cart of lumber. The kilns were built by the National Dry Kiln Company of Indianapolis, Indiana. The structure consisted of six rooms 2,400 square feet each that could hold up to 300,000 feet of lumber and turn out 100,000 feet of dried stock daily.
Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Partner: The History Center

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Dry Kilns - Aerial]

Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company dry kilns. The kilns were built by the National Dry Kiln Company of Indianapolis, Indiana. The structure consisted of six rooms 2,400 square feet each that could hold up to 300,000 feet of lumber and turn out 100,000 feet of dried stock daily.
Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Partner: The History Center

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Dry Kilns - Aerial 2]

Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company dry kilns. The kilns were built by the National Dry Kiln Company of Indianapolis, Indiana. The structure consisted of six rooms 2,400 square feet each that could hold up to 300,000 feet of lumber and turn out 100,000 feet of dried stock daily.
Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Partner: The History Center