Arlington Police Department Collection - 312 Matching Results

Search Results

[Arlington Police Officers Howard Vaughn and Jack Hale on a police motorcycle]

Description: Photograph of Two Arlington Police Officers, Howard Vaughn in front and Jack Hale in back, sitting on a police motorcycle parked in the middle of a downtown alley. A police car without a driver is parked behind them. Two other cars are parked in the distance and a pedestrian can be seen crossing the alley. The picture's caption reads "Howard Vaughn & Jack Hale 1950".
Date: 1950
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Arlington Police Chief A.B. (Ott) Cribbs with the 1953 Police Department, description on matte]

Description: Photograph of the 1953 Arlington Police Department arranged in three rows in front of a police station garage door. All the men are in uniform except for the Highway Department Dispatcher and Chief Cribbs. [L to R] Back row: Fred Rupert, Harold White, Pop Schroeder, Herman Cantrell, Richard Strokel, John D. Dennehy. Middle row: Hwy. Dpt. dispatcher Dan Haggan, Chief Ott Cribbs, Bill Taylor, Minor Moore, Frank Kelly. Front row: Henry Cartwright, Roy "Rabbit" Cantrell.
Date: 1953
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Arlington Police Chief A.B. "Ott" Cribbs with the 1953 Police Department, description on photo]

Description: Photograph of the 1953 Arlington Police Department arranged in three rows in front of a police station garage door. All the men are in uniform except for the Highway Department Dispatcher and Chief Cribbs. [L to R] Back row: Fred Rupert, Harold White, Pop Schroeder, Herman Cantrell, Richard Strokel, John D. Dennehy. Middle row: Hwy. Dpt. dispatcher Dan Haggan, Chief Ott Cribbs, Bill Taylor, Minor Moore, Frank Kelly. Front row: Henry Cartwright, Roy "Rabbit" Cantrell.
Date: 1953
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Arlington Police / Fire Station, 401 W. Main Street, 1953]

Description: Photograph of the Arlington Police/Fire Station at 401 W. Main Street taken in 1953. It shows four police cars and two fire vehicles parked in front of the building with an officer or a firemen beside each vehicle and two people standing in the front entrance. This photograph was taken from the Arlington Police Department Commemorative Book, 1994. This building also housed the jail and a courtroom. Later, in 1964, the Police Department moved to a newer station at 717 W. Main Street.
Date: 1953
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[APD Reserve Officers, 1957, view 1]

Description: Photograph of the 1957 APD Reserve Officers. All the men but one on the back row are dressed in a uniform. The group is arranged in two rows with one row standing and one row squatting. Some of the men's names are unknown. Known names are: Jack Ferguson, Emmitt Moore, Jesse Holley, B.J. Hlavaty, Jim Brown, B.L. Yeary, Dick Coffee, G.D. Ned Jr., Leo Mettos, Nat M. Rider, Jerry Tucker, Clayton Jordon and Bobby Wiggins. (Reserve Officers are an auxiliary police force composed of volunteers who serve without pay and receive training from the Arlington Police Department. They serve under the Chief of Police.)
Date: 1957
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[APD Reserve Officers, 1957, view 2]

Description: Photograph of the 1957 APD Reserve Officers. All the men but one on the back row are dressed in a uniform. The group is arranged in two rows with one row standing and one row squatting. Some of the men's names are unknown. Known names are: Jack Ferguson, Emmitt Moore, Jesse Holley, B.J. Hlavaty, Jim Brown, B.L. Yeary, Dick Coffee, G.D. Ned Jr., Leo Mettos, Nat M. Rider, Jerry Tucker, Clayton Jordon and Bobby Wiggins. (Reserve Officers are an auxiliary police force composed of volunteers who serve without pay and receive training from the Arlington Police Department. They serve under the Chief of Police.)
Date: 1957
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Image of an APD motorcycle officer's uniform on a mannequin in the police museum, close-up view]

Description: Photograph of a mannequin sitting in a chair wearing a motorcycle officer's uniform. The tan uniform was used from the mid 1950s to 1986. In 1986, the Department changed to the dark blue police uniform. Also included in the ensemble is a white helmet, sunglasses, high-top black boots, a black tie, and the APD shoulder patch and breast badge. The mannequin and surrounding items are located in the Arlington police museum. Shown also is the old jail door from the Main Station on 717 W. Main Street.
Date: [1950-86]
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Image of an APD motorcycle officer's uniform on a mannequin in the police museum, wide shot view]

Description: Photograph of a mannequin sitting in a chair wearing a motorcycle officer's uniform. The tan uniform was used from the mid 1950s to 1986. In 1986, the Department changed to the dark blue police uniform. Also included in the ensemble is a white helmet, sunglasses, high-top black boots, a black tie, and the APD shoulder patch and breast badge. The mannequin and surrounding items are located in the Arlington police museum. Shown also is the old jail door from the Main Station on 717 W. Main Street.
Date: [1950-86]
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Image of an APD Charioteers plaque, 1954-1960]

Description: Photograph of a Charioteers plaque. A group of young people called the Charioteer Knights were in a hot rod club sponsored by Junior Achievement, Optimist Club and the Arlington Police Department. The Charioteers were used as a method of keeping young people off the streets and still letting them enjoy their cars. It was effective in giving them a place to drag race and show off their automobiles.
Date: [1954-60]
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[APD police officers from the Texas Lawman Magazine, 1960, part 1, page 1]

Description: Photograph of a page in the Texas Lawman Magazine that shows twenty members of the Arlington police department from 1960. Each row of names follows each row of photographs, top to bottom and left to right. The first image is of Arlington Police Chief Ott Cribbs. Others are as follows: W.V. Taylor, Harold F. White, James Long, Joe F. Garvin, Jack Green, Jess F. Gann, Ben M. Bounds, Bobby W. Easley, Frank Kelly, Holly Hale, Bill H. Wills, Bob Leech, Glenn Davee, Minor L. Moore, Roy E. Payne, Gene Fuqua, O.B. West, Leroy Carmichael, Henry Morgan.
Date: 1960
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[APD police officers from the Texas Lawman Magazine, 1960, part 1, page 2]

Description: Photograph of a page in the Texas Lawman Magazine that shows the names of twenty members of the Arlington police department from 1960 from the image in part 1. The names of the people are listed in the second image. Each row of names follows each row of photographs, top to bottom and left to right. The first image is of Arlington Police Chief Ott Cribbs. Others are as follows: W.V. Taylor, Harold F. White, James Long, Joe F. Garvin, Jack Green, Jess F. Gann, Ben M. Bounds, Bobby W. Easley, Frank Kelly, Holly Hale, Bill H. Wills, Bob Leech, Glenn Davee, Minor L. Moore, Roy E. Payne, Gene Fuqua, O.B. West, Leroy Carmichael, Henry Morgan.
Date: 1960
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[APD police officers from the Texas Lawman Magazine, 1960, part 2, page 1]

Description: Photograph of nineteen Arlington police officers and personnel from the Arlington police department in 1960 from the Texas Lawman Magazine. The second image lists the names in the photographs. Each row of names follows each row of photographs, top to bottom and left to right. Listed are: Wayne Waller, A.B. Barton, Thomas A. Lee, J.E. "Hooks" Blanton, Howard Vaughn, R.N. "Dick" Coffee, Bobby Wiggins, John Hague, Bobby Burnett, H.E. Linn, Herman Cantrell, Jim Bradley, Bill Singleton, Joe Phillips, Jim Roberts, Homer Terrell, Herman C. Perry, J.H. Carmichael, Julian Brannon, Ben M. Bounds and Ed Watson (on motorcycles), Dottie Clark (Secretary to Ass't DA).
Date: 1960
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[APD police officers from the Texas Lawman Magazine, 1960, part 2, page 2]

Description: Photograph of a page with the names of nineteen Arlington police officers and personnel from the Arlington police department in 1960 from the Texas Lawman Magazine. Each row of names follows each row of photographs, top to bottom and left to right. Listed are: Wayne Waller, A.B. Barton, Thomas A. Lee, J.E. "Hooks" Blanton, Howard Vaughn, R.N. "Dick" Coffee, Bobby Wiggins, John Hague, Bobby Burnett, H.E. Linn, Herman Cantrell, Jim Bradley, Bill Singleton, Joe Phillips, Jim Roberts, Homer Terrell, Herman C. Perry, J.H. Carmichael, Julian Brannon, Ben M. Bounds and Ed Watson (on motorcycles), Dottie Clark (Secretary to Ass't DA).
Date: 1960
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[APD police officers from the Southwestern Law Magazine, 1963]

Description: Photograph of twelve Arlington policemen in tan uniforms taken outdoors and beside an automobile. This picture was taken from the Southwestern Law Magazine, 1963. Eight officers are standing and four officers are squatting in front of them. Names from the clipping are: "Back row, left to right are Sgt. Harold White, Bill Wills, Marion Rettig, Albert Kidd, Earl Treadgill, Noah Wooten, Basil Honeycutt, and Carl Ashley. Front row, left to right, are Dave Schaefer, L.L. Ray, Wallace Jeffrey, and Eric Manor".
Date: June 1963
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[APD police officers from the Texas Lawman Magazine, 1964, page 1]

Description: Photograph of a page taken from the 1964 Texas Lawman Magazine that shows photographs of the Arlington Police Department personnel. Left to right and top to bottom are: Police Chief A.B. "Ott" Cribbs, Herman Perry, Jack Green, Bob Easley, Clayton Jordon, James Long, J.D. McGee, Bob Parsons, Joe Phillips, Noel Pryor, L.L. Ray, Jim Roberts, Bill Taylor, Ed Watson, Harold White, Bobby Wiggins, Noah Wooten, Bill Wills, Mrs. Johnnie Featherston (meter maid), Betty Miller (secretary), Carl Ashley, Larry Barnett, Ben Bounds, Jim Bradley, James Carmichael, Glyn Carpenter, Glen Davee, Grady DeMoss, Del Dibbern, Gene Fuqua.
Date: 1964
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[APD police officers from the Texas Lawman Magazine, 1964, page 2]

Description: Photograph of a page taken from the 1964 Texas Lawman Magazine that shows photographs of Arlington police officers. Included is an article that discusses the promotion process and the names of those promoted to sergeants. Left to right and top to bottom are: Jess Gann, Ted Hamilton, Stan Hazlewood, B.J. Hlavaty, B.F. Honeycutt, Albert Kidd, Don Martin, Boyce Megason, Henry Morgan, Ron Morgan, H.H. Morris, Charles Patterson, Ray Ragland, Marrion Rettig, Don Ross, Ronald Shade, Pat Schuster, Earl Threadgill, Jerry Tucker, Jim Westfall, Bill Willard, Henry Alder, Roy Payne.
Date: 1964
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Arlington Police Chief A.B. "Ott" Cribbs and Assistant Chief Herman Perry, ca. 1964]

Description: Photograph of Chief A.B. (Ott) Cribbs and Asst. Chief Herman Perry talking together as they stand outside the police station at 401 W. Main street. A sign in the backgroud says "Arlington Police Department." Chief Cribbs is wearing a white hat and leaning with his arm on a car. Both men are dressed in suits.
Date: 1964
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Arlington Police Station, 717 W. Main Street building entrance, 1964]

Description: Photograph of the 717 W. Main St. Arlington Police Station. This station opened in 1964, having moved from the 401 W. Main St. location. The APD remained there until it moved into the new main station, the "Ott" Cribbs Public Safety Center in 1989. A vehicle is parked at the entrance of the building with a woman walking in front of it. A United States flag is flying behind the building.
Date: 1964
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Arlington Police Station, 717 W. Main Street, groundbreaking ceremony, view 1]

Description: Photograph of the ground breaking ceremony for the new police station at 717 W. Main Street on October 10, 1964. Photograph shows Assistant Police Chief Herman Perry, Commissioner J. Ball, Commissioner C. Brown, Commissioner W. Sutton, City Manager A. Rollins, Mayor Tom Vandergriff and Police Chief A.B. "Ott" Cribbs holding the shovel. The Police Department remained in this building until it moved to the new, three-story, Main Station on Division Street.
Date: October 30, 1964
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Arlington Police Station, 717 W. Main Street, groundbreaking ceremony, view 2]

Description: Photograph of the ground breaking ceremony for the new police station at 717 W. Main Street on October 10, 1964. Photograph shows Assistant Police Chief Herman Perry, Commissioner J. Ball, Commissioner C. Brown, Commissioner W. Sutton, City Manager A. Rollins, Mayor Tom Vandergriff and Police Chief A.B. "Ott" Cribbs holding the shovel. The Police Department remained in this building until it moved to the new, three-story, Main Station on Division Street.
Date: October 30, 1964
Partner: Arlington Public Library