Arlington Police Department Collection - Browse

ABOUT BROWSE FEED

[Police Training Center building entrance sign]

Description: Photograph of the front of the City of Arlington Police Training Center located at 6000 West Pioneer Parkway. Originally the training center was housed at the Substation on Little Road. In 1980 the Training Center moved from the Little Road Station to the new facility. The APD operates its own Police Academy out of the Training Center. The first class graduated in June 1990.
Date: [2010, 1980]
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Police Training Center firing range]

Description: Photograph of the back view of a man conducting firearms practice at the indoor firing range of the Arlington Police Training Center. He is wearing over the head earmuffs for ear protection.
Date: [2010]
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Police Training Center freestanding name sign, b&w]

Description: Photograph of a view of the front of the City of Arlington Police Training Center located at 6000 West Pioneer Parkway. The building opened in 1980. The black and white version of the picture was used in the APD Commemorative Book, 1994. The APD operates its own Police Academy out of the Training Center. The first class graduated in June 1990.
Date: [1980, 1994]
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Police Training Center freestanding name sign, color]

Description: Photograph of a view of the front of the City of Arlington Police Training Center located at 6000 West Pioneer Parkway. The building opened in 1980. The APD operates its own Police Academy out of the Training Center. The first class graduated in June 1990.
Date: [1980, 1994]
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[South Arlington Police Service Center grand opening program]

Description: Photograph of a white-bordered front cover of a program titled in three lines of gold print: "South Arlington; Police Service Center; Grand Opening." Beneath the title on the right side in small black print is the date and time: "Saturday, October 25, 2008; 10:00 a.m." In the center of the cover is a color graphic picture of the new facility. At the bottom is the City of Arlington decal (left leg of the "A" is blue, right is red, crossed by a silver star with "Arlington" spelled out below in blue). The new station was located at 1030 SW Green Oaks.
Date: October 25, 2008
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[Tarrant County Patrol Unit, 1931]

Description: Photograph of the Tarrant County Patrol of 1931 showing members Guy Cross (standing with motorcycle) and Dutch Coke (standing with motorcycle) both with the Arlington Police Department, G. (Geo) Hecker (standing beside car), B. (Burt) Stilwell (standing with motorcycle), and H. (Hubert) Cannon (standing with motorcycle). The word "APD" is in the caption is between Dutch Coke and G. Hecker.
Date: 1931
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[West Arlington Police Service Center building entrance]

Description: Photograph of the front entrance of the West Arlington Police Service Center located at 2060 W. Green Oaks Boulevard, Arlington, Texas. The building was dedicated December 19, 2003. Also shown are three flying flags: United States Flag, Texas Flag, and the City of Arlington Flag. West Arlington Police Service Center is also referred to as the West Station.
Date: 2003
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[West Arlington Police Service Center freestanding name sign]

Description: Photograph of the freestanding name sign in front of the West Arlington Police Service Center located at 2060 W. Green Oaks Boulevard, Arlington, Texas. The West Staton serves West Arlington. West Arlington Police Service Center is also referred to as the West Station.
Date: 2003
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[West Arlington Police Service Center groundbreaking ceremony, 2003]

Description: Photograph of the groundbreaking ceremony for the West Station at 2060 W. Green Oaks Boulevard taken in an open field. Six people (two women flanked by two men on each side) are holding shovels in various stages of digging. ? (man in suit), Police Chief Theron Bowman (in uniform), Council Member Sheri Capehart, (?council member), Mayor Robert Cluck, and Mayor Elzie Odom are pictured. A section of a poster on an easel can be seen on the right behind Elzie Odom and behind the easel is a pile of dug up ground. A housing subdivision is in the left background and a large metal electical tower is in the center to left background. West Arlington Police Service Center is also referred to as the West Station.
Date: December 2003
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library

[West Arlington Police Service Center groundbreaking ceremony, Mayor Elzie Odom speaking]

Description: Photograph of Mayor Elzie Odom speaking at a podium in an empty field part of which appears to have been broken for construction. There are two posters on easels showing floor plans and architects renditions of the station. A two-story building and several vehicles, tractors and other construction equipment is in the background. West Arlington Police Service Center is also referred to as the West Station.
Date: 2003
Item Type: Photograph
Partner: Arlington Public Library